I was hoping for this weekend...

Old September 10th 04, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default I was hoping for this weekend...

BT delivered my router today. I had a faint glimmer of hope that maybe my adsl
would have been activated today. I just knew it wouldn't be, but out of my
excitement I installed the package which was an absolute doddle. Easier than I
thought.
Clicked on the Speedtouch icon and for a moment I thought the line was active as
it dialled into my router and connected to google. etc. Sadly, it was my
current isdn which was connecting.
Still, I am setup and ready for war come Wednesday, hopefully a little bit
earlier.

Old September 10th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Beck" wrote in message

BT delivered my router today. I had a faint glimmer of hope that
maybe my adsl would have been activated today. I just knew it
wouldn't be, but out of my excitement I installed the package which
was an absolute doddle. Easier than I thought.
Clicked on the Speedtouch icon and for a moment I thought the line
was active as it dialled into my router and connected to google. etc.
Sadly, it was my current isdn which was connecting.
Still, I am setup and ready for war come Wednesday, hopefully a
little bit earlier.

Just keep an eye on the flashing lights - BT have been known to work on
weekends...

Regards
Sunil

Old September 10th 04, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
"Beck" wrote in message

BT delivered my router today. I had a faint glimmer of hope that
maybe my adsl would have been activated today. I just knew it
wouldn't be, but out of my excitement I installed the package which
was an absolute doddle. Easier than I thought.
Clicked on the Speedtouch icon and for a moment I thought the line
was active as it dialled into my router and connected to google. etc.
Sadly, it was my current isdn which was connecting.
Still, I am setup and ready for war come Wednesday, hopefully a
little bit earlier.

Just keep an eye on the flashing lights - BT have been known to work on
weekends...

Hi Sunil, I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking for. I have two
steady green lights. One indicating the usb and one indicating the router is
powered.

Old September 10th 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
"Beck" wrote in message

BT delivered my router today. I had a faint glimmer of hope that
maybe my adsl would have been activated today. I just knew it
wouldn't be, but out of my excitement I installed the package which
was an absolute doddle. Easier than I thought.
Clicked on the Speedtouch icon and for a moment I thought the line
was active as it dialled into my router and connected to google. etc.
Sadly, it was my current isdn which was connecting.
Still, I am setup and ready for war come Wednesday, hopefully a
little bit earlier.

Just keep an eye on the flashing lights - BT have been known to work on
weekends...

It says in the troubleshooting that if the line is not active, the @ sign will
be flashing green/yellow, but its not even on at all.

Old September 10th 04, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Raven

Beck wrote:

BT delivered my router today. I had a faint glimmer of hope that maybe my adsl
would have been activated today. I just knew it wouldn't be, but out of my
excitement I installed the package which was an absolute doddle. Easier than I
thought.
Clicked on the Speedtouch icon and for a moment I thought the line was active as
it dialled into my router and connected to google. etc. Sadly, it was my
current isdn which was connecting.

If you are on ISDN you need it removed from the line at your home and
returned to POT before you can run ADSL. Or do you have another POT run
into the house?

Tony
Old September 10th 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Beck" wrote in message

Just keep an eye on the flashing lights - BT have been known to work
on weekends...

Hi Sunil, I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking for. I
have two steady green lights. One indicating the usb and one
indicating the router is powered.

Ah sorry - I forgot you got Home Highway.. you will ahve to wait for the BT
engineer to turn up before it will work

ADSL won't work on an ISDN line (in this country, the way its currently set
up)

Regards
Sunil

Old September 10th 04, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Beck wrote:

BT delivered my router today. I had a faint glimmer of hope that maybe my

adsl
would have been activated today. I just knew it wouldn't be, but out of my
excitement I installed the package which was an absolute doddle. Easier

than I
thought.
Clicked on the Speedtouch icon and for a moment I thought the line was

active as
it dialled into my router and connected to google. etc. Sadly, it was my
current isdn which was connecting.

If you are on ISDN you need it removed from the line at your home and
returned to POT before you can run ADSL. Or do you have another POT run
into the house?

Its a different line. Going to disconnect my isdn after adsl is installed as I
don't need both.
Cannot figure out why the connection light is not flashing though. It should
flash green/amber but its off.

Old September 10th 04, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
"Beck" wrote in message

Just keep an eye on the flashing lights - BT have been known to work
on weekends...

Hi Sunil, I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking for. I
have two steady green lights. One indicating the usb and one
indicating the router is powered.

Ah sorry - I forgot you got Home Highway.. you will ahve to wait for the BT
engineer to turn up before it will work

ADSL won't work on an ISDN line (in this country, the way its currently set
up)

No isdn, this is a different line

Old September 11th 04, 07:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Donovan R Palmer

I was due to be activated on Tuesday and it went live mid-day on Friday. I
read some other posts of people who were due to be activated on Monday who
actually went live on Thursday. If this pattern holds true, then if they
don't work the weekend you might be activated on Monday. Then again, with
BT who knows?