Bulldog launch combined Line Rental/ADSL packages

Old September 11th 04, 10:28 PM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Bulldog launch combined Line Rental/ADSL packages

Bulldog have launched new packages for residential customers which include a
phone service (including Line Rental) and their 4MB ADSL service

Their BT Together Option 1 equivalent is called Bulldog [email protected] and is
40/month

Their BT Together Option 3 equivalent is called Bulldog [email protected] and is
52/month

As this comes with their 4MB ADSL service (normally 30/month seperately)
its only currently available in Central London on the 38 exchanges that they
have LLU'ed

More details of these at
https://secure.bulldogdsl.com/reside...P/XP/index.asp

As I suspected, not much difference between paying your ISP or BT for the
line rental given the Wholesale Line Rental Rate (WLR) rate.

Regards
Sunil
If anyone does want to join Bulldog, I do have a referral code somewhere

Old September 14th 04, 11:26 AM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Bob MacBob

Can the fantastic 18866 service be used with Bulldog?

Old September 14th 04, 01:31 PM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ruari Callow

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Bob MacBob wrote:

Can the fantastic 18866 service be used with Bulldog?

As long as you use the 0808 I don't see why not. I doubt you'll be able to
use the 18866 access number however.

Either way I'm going to sign up. I'd love a 4MB connection and I have
moved to a new property recently (Battersea) and have had all kinds of
problems with getting BT to setup a new landline. This is mainly due to
the fact that they can't find the address. The property is newly built but
BT do not yet recognise the post code, this is despite the fact that they
must have had BT engineers there at some point to put the copper down.
Anyway, with all the hassle I have had I intend to give Bulldog a go at
setting up a line (and ADSL) for me.

By the way BT say they need an engineer to come out to set this all up but
Bulldog claim they don't. Any explanation?

--
The email address this message was posted from is valid but will expire.
If you want to contact me several days after my posting you can find a
Old September 14th 04, 01:37 PM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ruari Callow

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Ruari Callow wrote:

[...]

In case it wasn't clear this is a new developement of Flats in Battersea
along the river. Since I am the first person to live in my flat it has
never had a landline enabled.

When you first get a landline setup must an engineer be present? I'm
wondering if perhaps the Bulldog sales person didn't know what he was
talking about but then I don't know enough about this to know either way.

Old September 14th 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ruari Callow

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Anthony R. Gold wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:37:21 -0400, Ruari Callow
wrote:

In case it wasn't clear this is a new developement of Flats in Battersea
along the river. Since I am the first person to live in my flat it has
never had a landline enabled.

When you first get a landline setup must an engineer be present? I'm
wondering if perhaps the Bulldog sales person didn't know what he was
talking about but then I don't know enough about this to know either way.

Someone must install a Network Termination Point, which in the case of a
single POTS line (with or without aDSL) is probably a Master Socket. Have
the apartments been pre-wired to cabinets in public areas outside of the
individual flats? If not, an engineer will need entry to install and test
the NTP.

All the apartments (including mine) have telephone sockets in them (there
is one in the living room and one in the bedroom). Beyond that I couldn't
really say. I hope that answered your question, applogies if not.

Old September 14th 04, 04:27 PM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Colum Mylod

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:20:14 +0100, "Anthony R. Gold"
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:44:22 -0400, Ruari Callow
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Anthony R. Gold wrote:

Someone must install a Network Termination Point, which in the case of a
single POTS line (with or without aDSL) is probably a Master Socket. Have
the apartments been pre-wired to cabinets in public areas outside of the
individual flats? If not, an engineer will need entry to install and test
the NTP.

All the apartments (including mine) have telephone sockets in them (there
is one in the living room and one in the bedroom). Beyond that I couldn't
really say. I hope that answered your question, applogies if not.

Then the phone company CAN connect you up without entering your flat. But
whether they WILL do it that way depends on their policy.

We had the same problem with a cable company which shall remain
nameless but I will refer to as Clueless & Witless. Flats all wired up
for cable into the living room from a common (secure) access point, a
Cab^H^Hlueless/Witless manhole lid outside but their tubbies could not
say if the building might be cable-enabled or not (sic). A bod sent
out to check told us the back office was clueless, he made his excuses
and left.

Years later junk mail urging us to sign up for service began to pile
in the door - offering the delights of sooper dooper digital telly and
a thing called the Internet but self same company only has the old
analogue steam telly in our area, no phone or bband. Left hand, meet
your right hand.

So it's no surprise that BT is only catching up with newbuilds in your
area.

--
New anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com
Old September 14th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Ruari Callow" wrote in message
.com
Either way I'm going to sign up. I'd love a 4MB connection and I have
moved to a new property recently (Battersea) and have had all kinds of
problems with getting BT to setup a new landline. This is mainly due
to the fact that they can't find the address. The property is newly
built but BT do not yet recognise the post code, this is despite the
fact that they must have had BT engineers there at some point to put
the copper down. Anyway, with all the hassle I have had I intend to
give Bulldog a go at setting up a line (and ADSL) for me.

If you are going to sign up would you mind quoting my referral code -just
quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How did you hear about
Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or if ordering by
telephone?

Personally I wish Bulldog hadn't bundled the two together - or at least
still leave the "old" option of getting a LLU ADSL service but leave the
voice line with BT..

By the way BT say they need an engineer to come out to set this all
up but Bulldog claim they don't. Any explanation?

As you say its a "new" line on a new build - Bulldog are likely to
subcontract the work to BT anyway.. but it may be that an engineer needs to
visit (outside) your property.

Regards
Sunil

Old September 15th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ruari Callow

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Sunil Sood wrote:

"Ruari Callow" wrote in message
.com
Either way I'm going to sign up. I'd love a 4MB connection and I have
moved to a new property recently (Battersea) and have had all kinds of
problems with getting BT to setup a new landline. This is mainly due
to the fact that they can't find the address. The property is newly
built but BT do not yet recognise the post code, this is despite the
fact that they must have had BT engineers there at some point to put
the copper down. Anyway, with all the hassle I have had I intend to
give Bulldog a go at setting up a line (and ADSL) for me.

If you are going to sign up would you mind quoting my referral code -just
quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How did you hear about
Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or if ordering by
telephone?

I used a bad choice of words when I said, "Either way I'm going to sign
up". I should have said "I have already rang up earlier today to sign up".
The reason I implied I was not signed up is because the operator I spoke
to was having problems with his system and put through a manual order. I
was told they would call me back once the system was available again to
confirm. Hence until I receive this call I don't really consider that I
have signed up. That said, I am far enough along that I may not be able to
mention your referral code since I already told them that I found out
about the offer from a news story on The Register.

Sorry! I would have been happy to mention otherwise.

Incidentally, Bulldog never did call me back. I reckon I should probably
chase them.