Enabling ping response on PTI router?

Old September 12th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Philip

Default Enabling ping response on PTI router?

I have a PTI 840 (cheapo from Dabs)router and I notice by default it
does not respond to pings on the WAN side.

Trouble is I cannot find the setting for this in the setup pages.

The router reports
Firmware CX82xxx_4.1.0.13
Customer Software 8x0_PTI_030104.00FA
Default Setting ISP BT(UK)

Anyone know what I can change to get it to respond to pings

Thanks

John
Old September 13th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:19:39 +0100, John Philip
wrote:

Anyone know what I can change to get it to respond to pings

FWIW I wouldn't bother - it just shows any potential hacker you're
alive.

However on my Netgear the option can be found in the Ports menu.
Old June 16th 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bishbashbosh

John Philip Wrote:

Anyone know what I can change to get it to respond to pings

John

Long time ago but I believe the setting you want is actually in th
firewall

Firewall/Service Filtering

Then there's a check box. Don't know if it works though.

I've got this router it's cheap small and works but a mare to set u
has anyone found a later firmware than CX82xxx_4.1.0.13 cos frankl
parts of it just don't do what they say on the tin

--
bishbashbosh
Old June 16th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chipmunk

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:33:56 +0100, bishbashbosh
wrote:

John Philip Wrote:

Anyone know what I can change to get it to respond to pings

John

Long time ago but I believe the setting you want is actually in the
firewall

Firewall/Service Filtering

Then there's a check box. Don't know if it works though.

I've got this router it's cheap small and works but a mare to set up
has anyone found a later firmware than CX82xxx_4.1.0.13 cos frankly
parts of it just don't do what they say on the tin.

I have an eTEC adsl modem/router/everythingbutthekitchensink combo
with firmware version CX82xxx_4.1.0.21_S, it seems to be fairly simple
to set up _provided you don't read the manual more than necessary_
(which induces a headache). Read sufficient to discover its web
interface and the usernames/passwords, then throw out the manaual:-)

In this version, enabling ICMP traffic does indeed cause it to respond
to pings.

--
I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national
emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.