Satellite broadband. Which ISP ?

Old September 12th 04, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim

Default Satellite broadband. Which ISP ?

Looking for a cheap and reliable ISP for Satellite Broadband.
512k would be fine and preferably no caps.
Any suggestions ?

TIA

Old September 12th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

"Tim" wrote in message
Looking for a cheap and reliable ISP for Satellite Broadband.
512k would be fine and preferably no caps.
Any suggestions ?

Can you not get ADSL?

Old September 12th 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Hayward

In article , Alastair
writes
"Tim" wrote in message
Looking for a cheap and reliable ISP for Satellite Broadband.
512k would be fine and preferably no caps.
Any suggestions ?

Can you not get ADSL?

Guess he is like many TENS OF THOUSANDS of us.. cannot get ADSL....
probably NEVER WILL

Wally Hayward

Old September 12th 04, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor Appleton

"Tim" wrote in message
Looking for a cheap and reliable ISP for Satellite Broadband.
512k would be fine and preferably no caps.
Any suggestions ?

TIA

Looking through this group there is hardly a posting referring to the
problem;em of not being able to get ADSL. Perhaps we need our own group?

Old September 12th 04, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

"Walter Hayward" wrote in message
In article , Alastair
writes
"Tim" wrote in message
Looking for a cheap and reliable ISP for Satellite Broadband.
512k would be fine and preferably no caps.
Any suggestions ?

Can you not get ADSL?

Guess he is like many TENS OF THOUSANDS of us.. cannot get ADSL....
probably NEVER WILL

Well, there may be someone who could assist : the A-Team. Or, you could try
www.langreen.com

Although we are not a rural area, they agreed to install wireless BB into
our village. They usually ask for 15 orders. Then you get 512kb/s up and
down. Two year contract and the setup is about 60. Monthly fee is not
stupid like some of the others that I have seen and there's no slow dial-up
to worry about. Check all the facts and I've not used it myself so please
don't take this as a recommendation from me, just a pointer in the right
direction ;-) Others may be able to comment from experience.

Wally Hayward

Old September 12th 04, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Millen

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:10:42 +0530, "Tim" wrote:

Looking for a cheap and reliable ISP for Satellite Broadband.
512k would be fine and preferably no caps.
Any suggestions ?

The words cheap, reliable, and satellite are not often found together.

Target price when I looked about three months ago was GBP70/EUR100
+VAT. Hughes Direcway's resellers should be able to get to this
price if you squeeze them politely, but DW's cap may be an issue for
you - it hasn't been for me.

Download speeds vary hugely - as poor as 100kbps during busy times, up
to 1500kbps when it's quiet. Upload is c**p all the time (25 -
65kbps). This is my experience with DW's Bronze service, I imagine
if you pay more for the next service level it'll be better. If you
have/can get ISDN, use that for the uplink.

www.satspeed.de and www.bridgebroadband.co.uk might be a good starting
point. Both have helpful people. And I've just checked and
Bridge's site is down

--
All the best
David Millen

Old September 13th 04, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ronny

"Tim" wrote in message
Looking for a cheap and reliable ISP for Satellite Broadband.
512k would be fine and preferably no caps.
Any suggestions ?

TIA

www.cpbb.co.uk

They do sat broadband, cheap as well I think

Ronny

Old September 14th 04, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:10:42 +0530, "Tim" wrote:

Looking for a cheap and reliable ISP for Satellite Broadband.
512k would be fine and preferably no caps.
Any suggestions ?

Try http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ for reviews of satellite providers

Phil