tiscali smtp

Old September 12th 04, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Default tiscali smtp

does tiscali offer smtp-auth for outgoing email?

i have a user with their own laptop coming from home who use tiscali at
home. they connect here to a clara broadband but dont want me to re-
configure their email to have both a tiscali sending account and clara
to choose from.

only option is to enable smtp-auth if tiscali accept that from the clara
connection, either that or tell the user to sod off!

Perhaps I havenít fully understood, but,
as far as I can see you are going to have to reconfigure the SMTP server in
the laptop in either case, so why not just put Clara in temporarily?

Graham.