tiscali smtp

Old September 12th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

Default tiscali smtp

jas wrote in
:

only option is to enable smtp-auth if tiscali accept that from the clara
connection, either that or tell the user to sod off!

I noticed from a thread here last week that clara offer a package including
smtp-auth for around a tenner per year - assuming it's not fussy about the
"From" address used, it may be a cheap option if it saves messing around
changing servers every time he flits between locations?

regards
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old September 13th 04, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob J

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...
jas wrote in
:

only option is to enable smtp-auth if tiscali accept that from the clara
connection, either that or tell the user to sod off!

I noticed from a thread here last week that clara offer a package
including
smtp-auth for around a tenner per year - assuming it's not fussy about the
"From" address used, it may be a cheap option if it saves messing around
changing servers every time he flits between locations?

An even cheaper option would be to set up a Yahoo.co.uk e-mail account and
use their SMTP server. Works fine from any ISP when authenticated and
doesn't care what e-mail address you put in the from address.

Old September 14th 04, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stroller

On 2004-09-13 21:49:51 +0100, "Bob J" said:

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...
jas wrote in
:

only option is to enable smtp-auth if tiscali accept that from the clara
connection, either that or tell the user to sod off!

I noticed from a thread here last week that clara offer a package including
smtp-auth for around a tenner per year - assuming it's not fussy about the
"From" address used, it may be a cheap option if it saves messing around
changing servers every time he flits between locations?

An even cheaper option would be to set up a Yahoo.co.uk e-mail account
and use their SMTP server. Works fine from any ISP when authenticated
and doesn't care what e-mail address you put in the from address.

Is that free..? I can't see any mention of POP3 / SMTP access at
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/info/ but would be bloody glad of it.

Stroller.

Old September 14th 04, 02:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob J

On 2004-09-13 21:49:51 +0100, "Bob J" said:

Is that free..? I can't see any mention of POP3 / SMTP access at
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/info/ but would be bloody glad of it.

Yep. Just sign up for a new account (you don't have to ever use it) then
select mail options and configure pop access. You will then be given the
smtp settings. In your mail client select send using authenticated smtp mail
and then enter your yahoo username and password.

Works fine for me.