Best customer service ISP

Old September 13th 04, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Ward

Default Best customer service ISP

I manage the IT for a small company of consultants. We all have home
broadband connections from various ISP's. I have had various problems
dealing with these ISP's and I am looking to change. Given that most of
the users are not very IT aware which is the best ISP for customer
technical support.

My experience so far is:
Telewest Good, need to be persistent sometimes to get them to look at the
problem sometimes. OK for those in coverage area.
Freeserve/wanadoo Appalling, biggest gripe is their blocking of port 110
smtp

Looking on ADSL guide site Internet Central seems to be rated highly. Are
there any others I should consider.
Old September 13th 04, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec McKenzie

AAISP are excellent for customer service: http://www.aaisp.net.uk

--
Alec McKenzie

Old September 13th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 13 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Stuart Ward wrote:

I manage the IT for a small company of consultants. We all have home
broadband connections from various ISP's. I have had various problems
dealing with these ISP's and I am looking to change.

Not clear whether individuals are using their connection to work from
home, or they happen to have connections at home, and you manage them
from billing/support view ?

Anyway, I can say that there have been positive comments from clients
of mine using MetroNet and Eclipse. No special comments, for/against
Zen, while PlusNet have been helpful (especially if support is wanted
out of office hours, which is sometimes a constraint). PlusNet wants
business accounts to be opened (or use of a HomeWorker account) for a
business user, but all of them have fixed IP and no problems with use
of a router, or port 25 (SMTP) blocking. If people have varying time
at home (eg some projects take them away from home) the MetroNet PAYG
tariff would save some cash in nearly all cases - the 1000 kbps is at
most 28.75 inc VAT each month with no cap on data, and drops to under
17 quid inc VAT if no/low usage occurs in that month. HTH. Peter M.

Old September 13th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronald Jones

In message , Stuart
Ward writes

Looking on ADSL guide site Internet Central seems to be rated highly. Are
there any others I should consider.

The ADSL guide has a facility for you to compare ISPs .
It produces the results in bar chart form and PlusNet is shown to be
the best of Yahoo Demon Virgin Wanadoo which I compared.
The comparison was based on Speed Reliability Customer Service
AS a consequence I am cancelling my Dial up with Freeserve/Wanadoo and
taking out a monthly (not annually-you have a choice) account for a BB
connection with PlusNet
Hopes this helps
--
Ronald Jones
Old September 13th 04, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

Stuart Ward wrote in
news
I manage the IT for a small company of consultants. We all have home
broadband connections from various ISP's. I have had various problems
dealing with these ISP's and I am looking to change. Given that most of
the users are not very IT aware which is the best ISP for customer
technical support.

I'd suggest Arnold and Andrews, Nildram or maybe Plusnet. I've only had
direct experience with Nildram and have no complaints (other than pricing
but that's another story).

AA and Plusnet seem to get good feedback on the various forums.

regards,
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old September 13th 04, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ICUKNet Support

In article ,
(Stuart Ward) wrote:

Looking on ADSL guide site Internet Central seems to be rated highly.
Are
there any others I should consider.

Dear I suggest us?

As recommended by :-
http://www.net4nowt.com/rating/view_...sp?ISP_ID=1145

Leslie Costar
ICUK Computing Services Limited
http://www.icuknet.co.uk
ADSL, Dial Up, Hosting
Old September 13th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

which is the best ISP for customer
technical support.

==============================
You are over-optimistic.

Over a period of time, say 6 to 9 months, one ISP is no better than another.

They are all equally dependent on a common network infrastructure.

They all begin with the best of intentions and with little traffic on the
'motorways'.

They all converge on a common level of staff demoralisation and a common
level of conjested communication links due to insufficient original
investment in hardware.

Software incompatibilities between companies and between one program and
another result in reduction to a common level of chaotic unreliability
throughout the whole system.

Changing from one ISP to another is not worth the inconvenience and expense.
Any allievance is temporary. One way or another they will get their money.
Just grin and bear it.

Old September 13th 04, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Thanatos

Hi

Have a look at www.vispa.com on www.adslguide.org.uk

Old September 13th 04, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:15:46 UTC, Stuart Ward
wrote:

Looking on ADSL guide site Internet Central seems to be rated highly. Are
there any others I should consider.

AAISP, without a doubt.

http://aa.nu
--