BT yahoo modem setting

Old September 13th 04, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Stanley

Default BT yahoo modem setting

My friend has moved to a new house with ADSL now instead of cable he had
before with NTL. He purchased an account from BT Yahoo with a Speedtouch
USB modem and was told he could run 10 PC from it (I guess by sharing the
connection). But what he wanted was the same as he had set up before with
the wireless router he still has.

I tried my Ethernet modem, in the hope he could order one, but was unable to
get logged on. Does any one know the details on the connection type for BT
Yahoo? Pap/Chap, LLC/VC Mux, is there MAC registration that needs reset,
will they detect fiddling?

--
Tony Stanley

Old September 15th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Stanley

"chris" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:22:25 +0100 and in article ci43op$dnl$1$8302bc10
@news.demon.co.uk, Tony Stanley said...
: I tried my Ethernet modem, in the hope he could order one, but was

unable to
: get logged on. Does any one know the details on the connection type for

BT
: Yahoo? Pap/Chap, LLC/VC Mux, is there MAC registration that needs

reset,
: will they detect fiddling?

VC Mux - VPI/VCI - 0/38
CHAP iirc.

What is 'fiddling' ?

I read elsewhere that they can detect a different MAC address on the
hardware and close down your account due to you breaking the contract. I
only read this after the event.

--
Tony Stanley