"Dave" [email protected] - Are You Serious

Old September 13th 04, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
km

Default "Dave" [email protected] - Are You Serious

Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

Newsgroup numbers seem to be a particular obsession. After all the
replies it looked as though Pipex were going to be the unfortunates
getting his business but I note that once again he is repeating the
same questions.

Hopefully he'll soon reach overload and die away.

KM
Old September 13th 04, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sarah

km wrote:
Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

Newsgroup numbers seem to be a particular obsession. After all the
replies it looked as though Pipex were going to be the unfortunates
getting his business but I note that once again he is repeating the
same questions.

Hopefully he'll soon reach overload and die away.

KM

Who died and left you in charge?
Old September 13th 04, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"sarah" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
km wrote:
Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

Newsgroup numbers seem to be a particular obsession. After all the
replies it looked as though Pipex were going to be the unfortunates
getting his business but I note that once again he is repeating the
same questions.

Hopefully he'll soon reach overload and die away.

KM

Who died and left you in charge?

And who made you group spokesperson ?!...

Old September 13th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default OT:"Dave" [email protected] - Are You Serious

"km" wrote in message
news
Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

Newsgroup numbers seem to be a particular obsession. After all the
replies it looked as though Pipex were going to be the unfortunates
getting his business but I note that once again he is repeating the
same questions.

Hopefully he'll soon reach overload and die away.

KM

Pardon me for wanting to choose a provider that has what I want.
I am so sorry you find it so hard to read my posts that actually carry some
relevance with regards to the title of the group.
Perhaps all the kind intelligent persons and those that have been very
helpful to me and many others in this newsgroup should resort to posting
(non-marked) off topic, flaming, troll bait? Perhaps then you would enjoy
the group and its content much more?
Why, given the fact you seem to have only posted twice to this group in the
last 6 months (and one of those was a reply to me) you should be sooo
bothered about what you read is beyond me.
However im not here to argue, so... If you don't like reading broadband and
internet related topics, may I suggest in the most polite way possible that
you move along to a group that is more akin to your enjoyment, alt.troll or
alt.fan.scarecrow would be a good place for you to start (or should that be
return to!), looking at google groups they seem to cover a vast amount of
subjects, and I am sure given the variety you will find something that you
consider interesting and less repetitive in there.
HTH

PS
Once again, sorry for all my ON-topic posts that have caused you distress.

Old September 13th 04, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sarah

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"sarah" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

km wrote:

Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

Newsgroup numbers seem to be a particular obsession. After all the
replies it looked as though Pipex were going to be the unfortunates
getting his business but I note that once again he is repeating the
same questions.

Hopefully he'll soon reach overload and die away.

KM

Who died and left you in charge?

And who made you group spokesperson ?!...

I speak for myself not any group!?!
Old September 14th 04, 03:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"sarah" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"sarah" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

km wrote:

Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

Newsgroup numbers seem to be a particular obsession. After all the
replies it looked as though Pipex were going to be the unfortunates
getting his business but I note that once again he is repeating the
same questions.

Hopefully he'll soon reach overload and die away.

KM

Who died and left you in charge?

And who made you group spokesperson ?!...

I speak for myself not any group!?!

Please! Do not even talk to the trolls, more then a few words sends them
into a hyperactive condition similar to a 5 year old that has consumed too
much sugar ;D

Old September 14th 04, 04:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,free.uk.tv.bigbrother
Jon

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:14:05 +0100, km
wrote:

Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

He's a troll.

He was trolling the free.uk.tv.bigbrother newsgroup for weeks when Big
Brother was on, under the name "Dave"

Old September 14th 04, 09:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:39:52 +0100, sarah
wrote:

km wrote:
Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

Newsgroup numbers seem to be a particular obsession. After all the
replies it looked as though Pipex were going to be the unfortunates
getting his business but I note that once again he is repeating the
same questions.

Hopefully he'll soon reach overload and die away.

KM

Who died and left you in charge?

Sarah

cant see anything in message by km claiming to be in charge or group
spokesperson. he is applying what is called "freedom of speech". maybe
you dont agree with that?

having read the posts by "Dave" he seems a right plonker.

a couple of his rantings, particularly his response to km lead me to
use the words "irrational berk"

I feel the point is made - NGs degenerating into repetition of the
same point become uninteresting and clogged

Tom
Old September 14th 04, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"km" wrote in message
news
Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

Newsgroup numbers seem to be a particular obsession. After all the
replies it looked as though Pipex were going to be the unfortunates
getting his business but I note that once again he is repeating the
same questions.

Hopefully he'll soon reach overload and die away.

He has every right to post here and ask questions just as much as the next
person. Creating a broadband account for a period of 12 months is a big step
and he is right in asking whether certain companies are any good.
Perhaps more people should take the same care in choosing their isp instead of
choosing the first one they see advertised in freebies.com

Old September 14th 04, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"Beck" wrote in message

"km" wrote in message
news
Is there such a thing as the perennial poster?

This bloke has started more or less the same type of thread every
couple of days for the last few weeks.

snip

He has every right to post here and ask questions just as much as the next
person. Creating a broadband account for a period of 12 months is a big

step
and he is right in asking whether certain companies are any good.snip

I don't think anyone is questioning his right to ask questions, just the way
he appears to be doing it, most people ask for recommendations and take it
from there IYSWIM. Is he going to ask about every ISP there is, in a
separate thread for each ISP ?!...