Anyone now hooked up past the 60dB ?

Old September 13th 04, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Default Anyone now hooked up past the 60dB ?

Old September 13th 04, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

At what frequency is attenuation from exchange to customers' premises
specified or measured.

Old September 14th 04, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

Oh yes, though why I have had to wait 30 months to be connected is not so
clear.
See www.adslguide.org.uk

Michael Chare

Old September 14th 04, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Oh yes, though why I have had to wait 30 months to be connected is not so
clear.
See www.adslguide.org.uk

Michael Chare

How far out were you ? I'm showing 63dB

Old September 14th 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Kev" wrote in message

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Oh yes, though why I have had to wait 30 months to be connected is not so
clear.
See www.adslguide.org.uk

Michael Chare

How far out were you ? I'm showing 63dB

The line is 6.1 km long. When I first applied in March 2002, I was told the
line loss was 60.2db. I re-applied last year for the extended reach trial and
was told the loss was 63db

I am using a Speedtouch 330 it does not report any SNR and attenuation
statistics - that I can find! In practical terms the connection works fine.
The modem does record some errors.

Michael Chare

Old September 14th 04, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Michael Chare wrote:
"Kev" wrote in message

"Michael Chare" wrote in message

Oh yes, though why I have had to wait 30 months to be connected is not so
clear.
See www.adslguide.org.uk

Michael Chare

How far out were you ? I'm showing 63dB

The line is 6.1 km long. When I first applied in March 2002, I was told the
line loss was 60.2db. I re-applied last year for the extended reach trial and
was told the loss was 63db

I am using a Speedtouch 330 it does not report any SNR and attenuation
statistics - that I can find! In practical terms the connection works fine.
The modem does record some errors.

Michael Chare

Have been over the 60dB for last 2 years - 68dB 3.5dB s/n at old house,
at new house for the last 9 months - 65dB with 5.5 s/n.
Old September 14th 04, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julian Knight

From Reg Edwards on 13/Sep/2004 22:55:
At what frequency is attenuation from exchange to customers' premises
specified or measured.

Mine has always been over 60db!!

It runs at about 61 when the weather is fine and around 62-63 at other times
(like now). I guess I chose a good time to sign up, I also took everything off
the line that might cause interferece (like my Phillips DECT phone).

I've never had any problems, speed is good, no line drops. I'm with PlusNet in
case you are interested.

--
Julian Knight, http://www.knightnet.org.uk/
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Old September 14th 04, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Kev wrote:

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Oh yes, though why I have had to wait 30 months to be connected is not so
clear.
See www.adslguide.org.uk

Michael Chare

How far out were you ? I'm showing 63dB

Me too.
Currently running at 62dB, and wondering if a new faceplate might take me
below 60dB for 1Mb. (18dB margin.)

Old September 15th 04, 01:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:07:04 +0100, "Kev" wrote:

Yes, but only just.

2.5 years I've been waiting to be able to get ADSL since my exchange
was activated! (during which time I have applied on three occasions).

Now when I finally get it, my router is reporting 61dB attenuation
(downstream - 31.5 upstream), and SNR of 23/21 down/up.