v21 Opinions? Uncapped 512 for 16.99 a month

Old September 13th 04, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Ingason

Default v21 Opinions? Uncapped 512 for 16.99 a month

What do you think of v21 as an ISP? I don't know who they are backed by but
the 'Choose Your Package' page seems to be exactly the same as Plus.net so
if its the Plus.net backbone then this is a bargain!

Details:

512 for 16.99
1Mb for 26.99
2Mb for 39.99

No caps and a 1 month contract cant be wrong I guess.

From: http://portal.v21.co.uk/sales_splash2.asp

Anyone else on them yet?
--
Peter

From: http://portal.v21.co.uk/sales_splash2.asp

Anyone else on them yet?

I wouldn`t touch them with a bargepole. Tried using their dial-up package a
while ago, and very unimpressed with their customer and technical support,
and their changing of the terms and conditions whenever it suited them.

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc

Old September 14th 04, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G

ICUKNet Support wrote:
In article ,
(Peter Ingason) wrote:

What do you think of v21 as an ISP? I don't know who they are backed by
but the 'Choose Your Package' page seems to be exactly the same as
Plus.net so if its the Plus.net backbone then this is a bargain!

They are backed by Telefonica.

Leslie Costar
ICUK Computing Services Limited
http://www.icuknet.co.uk
ADSL, Dial Up, Hosting

Is that good or bad or just a comment?
http://adsl-telefonica.khs.co.uk/

I have been wondering about V21 myself. Seems that they have had a less
then good history but are getting better. Those that are using it seem
to be happy with it.

--
Regards

David G
(remove r u n)
Old September 14th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 14 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Support wrote:

Peter Ingason wrote:

the 'Choose Your Package' page seems to be exactly the same as Plus.net

Hmmm, yes it does have some similarities, doesn't it !! :-)

They are backed by Telefonica.

which is used (from memory) by some Claranet customers, so likely to be
fine as the network link, just boils down to V-2-1's services then :-)
Old September 14th 04, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ICUKNet Support

Default v21 Opinions? Uncapped 512 for 16.99 a

In article , [email protected] (David G)
wrote:

Is that good or bad or just a comment?
http://adsl-telefonica.khs.co.uk/

My experience of Telefonica hasn't been good. They use to take up to three
weeks to install an ADSL line.

Not sure if they're still that bad, however. They may have improved since
then.

Old September 14th 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Hi,
"poster" wrote in message
On 14 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Support wrote:

which is used (from memory) by some Claranet customers, so likely to be
fine as the network link, just boils down to V-2-1's services then :-)

used to be, they (Clara) did a 1 meg trial with Telefonica and they
cancelled it after 5 months. Took 3 weeks to connect and 3 weeks to get back
on to ADSL after the trial. Telefonica used DataStream.

Mike.

Old September 15th 04, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ICUK

Mike wrote:
Hi,
"poster" wrote in message

On 14 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Support wrote:

which is used (from memory) by some Claranet customers, so likely to be
fine as the network link, just boils down to V-2-1's services then :-)

used to be, they (Clara) did a 1 meg trial with Telefonica and they
cancelled it after 5 months. Took 3 weeks to connect and 3 weeks to get back
on to ADSL after the trial. Telefonica used DataStream.

Mike.

It's because they had to wait three weeks for telefonica and BT to
install the 'Virutal Path' into the exchanges to allow Datastream ADSL
to work.

Leslie