OT ish - Setting Email to send

Old September 14th 04, 09:32 AM posted to alt.computer,microsoft.public.internet.news,uk.telecom.broadband
sniper

Default OT ish - Setting Email to send

Is there such a thing as a program that allows emails to be scheduled to be
sent in the future? I have to be away for a few weeks and need various
emails sending at different times during that period. Whilst I know I could
use an internet café or even my phone (although there will be a time
difference) I want to go on HOLIDAY and not have to worry about them! Is
there any program - that will work with a web based email as my pc won't be
on whilst I'm away?

Old September 14th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 14 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "sniper" wrote:

Is there any program - that will work with a web based email as
my pc won't be on whilst I'm away?

I suspect you mean any service on a webmail facility - if your PC
will not be on then what good would it be having software to do
whatever you want to do ? Eudora has an option to set a time
for when something is to be sent (I don't remember whether it
can handle several things on different dates) but if your PC
will be off any mail will not be sent...

Also, it would appear a little dodgy (with a pseudonym like that) -
just as if you wanted to have an alibi :-) Peter M.
Old September 14th 04, 09:32 PM posted to alt.computer,microsoft.public.internet.news,uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Is there such a thing as a program that allows emails to be scheduled to be
sent in the future?

There may still be some free "anonymous remailers" on the net - these
used to allow you to set a time and date when they sent the mail.

Old September 15th 04, 08:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sniper

"poster" wrote in message
On 14 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "sniper" wrote:

Is there any program - that will work with a web based email as
my pc won't be on whilst I'm away?

I suspect you mean any service on a webmail facility - if your PC
will not be on then what good would it be having software to do
whatever you want to do ? Eudora has an option to set a time
for when something is to be sent (I don't remember whether it
can handle several things on different dates) but if your PC
will be off any mail will not be sent...

Also, it would appear a little dodgy (with a pseudonym like that) -
just as if you wanted to have an alibi :-) Peter M.

Ah, no ;-) nothing so exciting. I simply want to make sure my hubby
remembers to give my diabetic dog her injections every morning and since he
never uses Outlook, doesn't know how to access the calendar on his phone and
has a memory like a sieve, I'm afraid I'll come back to a dog in a coma.
Time differences mean that at the time she should have the injection, I'll
be fast asleep so I can't even just ring him. Am looking at these birthday
type reminder sites, to see if that will work

Old September 16th 04, 10:27 PM posted to alt.computer,microsoft.public.internet.news,uk.telecom.broadband
vg

"sniper" wrote in message ...
Is there such a thing as a program that allows emails to be scheduled to be
sent in the future? I have to be away for a few weeks and need various
emails sending at different times during that period. Whilst I know I could
use an internet café or even my phone (although there will be a time
difference) I want to go on HOLIDAY and not have to worry about them! Is
there any program - that will work with a web based email as my pc won't be
on whilst I'm away?

If he uses Yahoo then you can set birthdays or reminders in his
calendar. He will get an email every time the 'meeting' is supposed to
take place. Yahoo also allow (IIRC) a way of sending reminder mails to
another account which could be his usual email address.

Having thought of it I can think of many uses of this application....

VG