pipex regrade problem

Old September 14th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
elitespeeder

Default pipex regrade problem

Hi, Folks

Well my re-grade date to go from 512kb to 1 mb is today, and according to
pipex they did the re-grade at my exchange this morning at 10am (that's what
it says in their email I got today)

Anyway my connection speed is still showing as 576kb and when I log into "my
pipex" account on the pipex site it still shows me as "solo 500" service

I've tried rebooting the router loads but not resetting it, could this be
the problem? another theory is that a email I got from pipex the other day
said that the re-grade could take anything upto 6pm, could this also be the
problem?

Any ideas?

Pete

Old September 14th 04, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:28:29 +0100, "elitespeeder"
wrote:

Hi, Folks

Well my re-grade date to go from 512kb to 1 mb is today, and according to
pipex they did the re-grade at my exchange this morning at 10am (that's what
it says in their email I got today)

Anyway my connection speed is still showing as 576kb and when I log into "my
pipex" account on the pipex site it still shows me as "solo 500" service

I've tried rebooting the router loads but not resetting it, could this be
the problem? another theory is that a email I got from pipex the other day
said that the re-grade could take anything upto 6pm, could this also be the
problem?

Any ideas?

Erm, a little patience? ;-)

If it says it could take till 6 then wait till 6 before worrying!

Pete

--

Shevek

Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493
Old September 14th 04, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
elitespeeder

"Shevek" wrote in message

Erm, a little patience? ;-)

If it says it could take till 6 then wait till 6 before worrying!

Well I thought that but seeing as I got a email from pipex at 10am this
morning saying that it has been done, makes you think otherwise.

Old September 14th 04, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:00:05 +0100, "elitespeeder"
wrote:

"Shevek" wrote in message
.. .

Erm, a little patience? ;-)

If it says it could take till 6 then wait till 6 before worrying!

Well I thought that but seeing as I got a email from pipex at 10am this
morning saying that it has been done, makes you think otherwise.

Fair enough, but as they have said it could take up till 6pm I
wouldn't worry till then...

Old September 14th 04, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"elitespeeder" wrote in message
Hi, Folks

Well my re-grade date to go from 512kb to 1 mb is today, and according to
pipex they did the re-grade at my exchange this morning at 10am (that's what
it says in their email I got today)

Anyway my connection speed is still showing as 576kb and when I log into "my
pipex" account on the pipex site it still shows me as "solo 500" service

I've tried rebooting the router loads but not resetting it, could this be
the problem? another theory is that a email I got from pipex the other day
said that the re-grade could take anything upto 6pm, could this also be the
problem?

Your best bet is to ring them and find out whats happening.

Old September 14th 04, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
elitespeeder

"Beck" wrote in message

[...]

I'll wait till after 6pm and see what happens, then if still the same I'll
ring them in the morning.

Pete

Old September 14th 04, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
oldun

I had the same problem a couple of months ago which they blamed on BT and
the upgrade wasn't made until 36hrs after they said it would be. My advice
would be not to waste time on the phone before you've given them another
24hrs.

Oldun

Old September 15th 04, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
elitespeeder

"oldun" wrote in message
I had the same problem a couple of months ago which they blamed on BT and
the upgrade wasn't made until 36hrs after they said it would be. My advice
would be not to waste time on the phone before you've given them another
24hrs.

Oldun

Well still no 1mb so I'm going to email them, if I get no joy after 24 hrs,
I shall ring them

Pete