Best wireless router

Old September 14th 04, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Fowler

Default Best wireless router

Can anybody help with my problem of choosing the best and easiest to set up
wireless router to use with NTL broadband?

Thanks in advance.

Old September 14th 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Sean Fowler" wrote in message
Can anybody help with my problem of choosing the best and easiest to set

up
wireless router to use with NTL broadband?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.ntlwireless.co.uk/ is where I got mine from. It was just a case
of plugging it in and it did the rest. I used it with the NTL modem with no
problems. Not sure what it is like via a set-top box.

Old September 14th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Fowler

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
"Sean Fowler" wrote in message
Can anybody help with my problem of choosing the best and easiest to set

up
wireless router to use with NTL broadband?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.ntlwireless.co.uk/ is where I got mine from. It was just a case
of plugging it in and it did the rest. I used it with the NTL modem with
no
problems. Not sure what it is like via a set-top box.

That will do nicely , thanks a million.

Old September 14th 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Glenn Kendall

I use the Linksys WRT54G router. I have had it now for nearly a year with no
problems at all. You can get them off the net for about 50.00. Easy setup
and configuration, excellent performance. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Old September 14th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Fowler

Hmmm, sounds a bit cheaper, gonna go find myself some details and prices.
Thanks for that Glenn.

news

Old September 15th 04, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Ramsden

Sean Fowler wrote:

Can anybody help with my problem of choosing the best and easiest to set
up wireless router to use with NTL broadband?

Thanks in advance.

I use the Lioncom on a NTL, only needed password and username to be entered,
and change the default connection to cable DSL, though the activation was
through NTL's server. NTL only gives a Windoze disk, but had no problem
when I used via the Lioncom Wireless to activate the NTL modem ( I use susi
and Mandrake Linux)

I have configured a friends though and he had activated the line with his
Windoze first. You need to enter cable DSL connection in the router as
well.

--
Lioncom adsl 4 port router, Nildram adsl running on Redhat 7.3. You can see
and hear me and my pal Joe Longthorne on uktalent.org.
Old September 15th 04, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JK

I use the Linksys WRT54G router. I have had it now for nearly a year with
no
problems at all. You can get them off the net for about 50.00. Easy setup
and configuration, excellent performance. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Seconded, great bit of kit. Also the firmware is open source and there
are third part ones being developed with new features, including
boosting transmission power (and therefore range).

Got a spare GMail invite? I don't have one and I'd like to try it.
c h ee s bike @ y ah o o (dot) c o (dot) u k

Old September 16th 04, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Fowler

Just got me hands on one from ebay for 35 inc next day post.

Nice deal.

Thanks for all ur help and advice guys.

Cheers