adsl router for VPN termination

Old September 15th 04, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default adsl router for VPN termination

I have a client who needs a stable router which preferably supports VPN
termination from the default winxp vpn client (or will at least correctly
pass through the incoming VPN to a separate server although it terminating
the VPN would be better), they only have a single IP setup so all the hosts
are NAT'ed

was looking at a netgear DG834 or DG632 but have experience of the VPN
pass-through side of things with them, the other option is something like a
draytek vigor 2600plus but that it really a bit more than the client was
after

I will be guided by you advice

Regards

Chris

Old September 15th 04, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

Chris wrote:

I have a client who needs a stable router which preferably supports VPN
termination from the default winxp vpn client (or will at least correctly
pass through the incoming VPN to a separate server although it terminating
the VPN would be better), they only have a single IP setup so all the hosts
are NAT'ed

was looking at a netgear DG834 or DG632 but have experience of the VPN
pass-through side of things with them, the other option is something like a
draytek vigor 2600plus but that it really a bit more than the client was
after

I will be guided by you advice

I know you said it's over the top, but I always persuade my clients to
go with the Vigor 2600

Regards

Chris

Old September 15th 04, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

"Chris" wrote in message
I have a client who needs a stable router which preferably supports VPN
termination from the default winxp vpn client (or will at least correctly
pass through the incoming VPN to a separate server although it terminating
the VPN would be better), they only have a single IP setup so all the

hosts
are NAT'ed

was looking at a netgear DG834 or DG632 but have experience of the VPN
pass-through side of things with them, the other option is something like

draytek vigor 2600plus but that it really a bit more than the client was
after

We always use the Vigor range for this.

Old September 15th 04, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"Alastair" wrote in message
.. .
"Chris" wrote in message
I have a client who needs a stable router which preferably supports VPN
termination from the default winxp vpn client (or will at least

correctly
pass through the incoming VPN to a separate server although it

terminating
the VPN would be better), they only have a single IP setup so all the

hosts
are NAT'ed

was looking at a netgear DG834 or DG632 but have experience of the VPN
pass-through side of things with them, the other option is something

like
draytek vigor 2600plus but that it really a bit more than the client was
after

We always use the Vigor range for this.

Thanks, in which case this brings me onto the next question what is the
cheapest place to get a vigor then as the netgear in the first 2 etailers i
looked at the was a difference of about 40 (the difference between ~40 and
~80)

Chris

Old September 16th 04, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:14:36 +0100, "Alastair"
wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
I have a client who needs a stable router which preferably supports VPN
termination from the default winxp vpn client (or will at least correctly
pass through the incoming VPN to a separate server although it terminating
the VPN would be better), they only have a single IP setup so all the

hosts
are NAT'ed

was looking at a netgear DG834 or DG632 but have experience of the VPN
pass-through side of things with them, the other option is something like

draytek vigor 2600plus but that it really a bit more than the client was
after

We always use the Vigor range for this.

How do you guys get on with Xp pro SP2 and VPN? I find that to see
anything in the Microsoft Windows Network I have to turn off Xp's
firewall, but in doing so I am constantly reminded that the firewall
is turned off. I am using the Draytek unit so presume I have firwall
protection there.

Anyone with a workaround to this issue as I can see an end user
turning Xp pro's firewall back on and then complaining they cant see
the network/computer they wish to connect to?

David Bradley

Old September 16th 04, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

Chris wrote:
"Alastair" wrote in message
.. .

"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

We can do them for 150, 2600 with ISDN failover
Old September 16th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message

I have a client who needs a stable router which preferably supports VPN
termination from the default winxp vpn client (or will at least correctly
pass through the incoming VPN to a separate server although it terminating
the VPN would be better), they only have a single IP setup so all the

hosts

are NAT'ed

was looking at a netgear DG834 or DG632 but have experience of the VPN
pass-through side of things with them, the other option is something like

draytek vigor 2600plus but that it really a bit more than the client was
after

We always use the Vigor range for this.

How do you guys get on with Xp pro SP2 and VPN?

ahhh, good question, we're about to find out. I advised all my clients
to wait a bit before installing SP2 to find out what the problems were
once it hit the streets.

We're doing our first client on Monday

Old September 16th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
higgy

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
[...]

Goto Control Panel/Security Center, then click on "Change the way
security center alerts me" and you can switch off the annoying warnings.

Dave.