Tesco BB settings

Old September 15th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Not Me

Default Tesco BB settings

Hey,

Apparently today is my activation date, although I haven't received my
welcome pack, I do already have a modem from my pipex days, so wondered
if I could just create a new dialup connection* for tesco?

If so, what's the number/username format/any other settings?
If they're on the tesco website please let me know 'cos I can't find
much on there at all!

Cheers,
Chris

* I was wondering, why do they use this dialup method, when windows has
other options for always-on broadband? any isps do it that way?
Old September 15th 04, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt

"Not Me" wrote in message

Have you emailed them and asked for it ?

Old September 15th 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Finnigan

Not Me wrote:
Hey,

Apparently today is my activation date, although I haven't received my
welcome pack, I do already have a modem from my pipex days, so
wondered if I could just create a new dialup connection* for tesco?

If so, what's the number/username format/any other settings?
If they're on the tesco website please let me know 'cos I can't find
much on there at all!

Cheers,
Chris

* I was wondering, why do they use this dialup method, when windows
has other options for always-on broadband? any isps do it that way?

Never used dial-up settings, both modems I`ve used you just connect via
ethernet, enter the settings and away you go. Then again, I always go for a
router rather than a USB modem, because I`ve got a wireless network access
point plugged straight into the modem. Top idea!

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc

Old September 15th 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Not Me

Simon Finnigan wrote:
Not Me wrote:

[...]

Wireless router+modem been on order all week

Cheers,
Chris

Old September 15th 04, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Not Me

Lo Salt wrote:

"Not Me" wrote in message

Have you emailed them and asked for it ?

Nope, sadly I've been conditioned to poor customer service... but I'll
give it a go.

Cheers,
Chris

Old September 15th 04, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Finnigan

Not Me wrote:
Simon Finnigan wrote:
Not Me wrote:

[...]

I already had a wireless AP, my modem went wonky, so I went to PC world to
buy one. I got a fair deal as well, obviously more expensive than online,
but I took it home and was back online in half an hour. It would have been
less, but I couldn`t find my laptop, and the modem/router was working on an
entirely different private IP range as the AP, so I have to keep messing
about to get them all friendly.