Recommed Me A 1Mb/2Mb ISP

Old September 15th 04, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Recommed Me A 1Mb/2Mb ISP

I am looking to change from my current isp AOL in a couple of months time as
my contract is up. I need 1or2Mb connection (I haven't decided yet). I need
a good newsgroup server with access to binaries, I need to be able to send
email from my own address using their smtp server, the service needs to be
uncapped, reliable and customer support needs to be a local/national call. I
am willing to pay up to £40/month.
Any ideas?

Old September 15th 04, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MH

I know a lot of people have probs with BT/Yahoo
but I upgraded fm 512 to 1Mb and never have had a prob - price is £29.99

Old September 16th 04, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeebop

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:18:47 +0100, "Phil" wrote:

I am looking to change from my current isp AOL in a couple of months time as
my contract is up. I need 1or2Mb connection (I haven't decided yet). I need
a good newsgroup server with access to binaries, I need to be able to send
email from my own address using their smtp server, the service needs to be
uncapped, reliable and customer support needs to be a local/national call. I
am willing to pay up to £40/month.
Any ideas?

I'd be tempted with Plusnet. £30 for 1MB.
And they have a newsserver that works!
Old September 25th 04, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:09:55 +0100, zeebop wrote:

I'd be tempted with Plusnet. £30 for 1MB.
And they have a newsserver that works!

£39.99 2Mb ADSL, no cap.

0845 24/7 hrs.

Excellent CS.

FFS, I don't know why anybody would go elsewhere.
--
Cheers,

Guy

** HTML email should be treated in the same manner as sexual acts between
** consenting adults. Only done in private places where willing parties, who
** have agreed beforehand, will see it!
Old September 25th 04, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 25 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Dr Teeth wrote:

0845 24/7 hrs.

some people still manage to object to needing to dial an 0845 !!!