Old July 12th 03, 09:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

Default 98 connection speed monitor?

In article ,
says...
Does win 98 have an inbuilt program to monitor network connection speeds
/usage? Or is there a freeware program available to do this?

Windows System Monitor can display network traffic. I use NetPerSec to
watch my connection - it displays a tiny graph in the system tray and a
big graph with current, average and maximum speeds whan maximized.
Unfortunately Ziff Davis have started charging for what were formerly
free downloads, but maybe you can find it somewhere else. AnalogX
NetStat Live is quite a neat free app, but it doesn't tell you anything
when it's minimised.