e7even

Old September 15th 04, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norm Preston

Default e7even

Anyone with recent experience with e7even? I am tempted to sign up.
Old September 15th 04, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Norm Preston" wrote in message
om...
Anyone with recent experience with e7even? I am tempted to sign up.

They stock dunkin donuts, thats all I know.

Old September 15th 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
news.e7even.com

One month in, had a day's hiccup when they moved offices but really have
nothing but praise.

They are now past the one year 'hurdle' that their pricing strategy would
suggest.

HTH and YMMV of course.

Old September 18th 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darren

Norm Preston wrote:

Anyone with recent experience with e7even? I am tempted to sign up.

Some of their 'users' like spamming ADSLGuide....thats all i know about
them!

--
Darren
Old September 19th 04, 02:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
E7even newsgroup

Hi,
I not one of the so called 'users' who spam. But then again I might get
accused of it because my experiance of them has been positive.
After scanning for info. on tthe net for them I was a bit weary- cheapest
ADSL, no caps on download, accusations of spaming from E7 to make them look
good. Took the plunge- and payed upfront for the best deal.

Joined them a couple of months back when the had discounted deals on already
low prices.
So far so good, a 'real' happy user. Used to be with Pipex, so am
comparing with them. Pipex were ok, but their support lines were crap.

E7:
+Good speed
+ Cheap price
+ No caps on download
+ Good Tech support who respond back to emails very quickly.

- 50p a minute for support calls (Though you can buy a 'package' for £5 for
a months worth of support calls on a national rate number- worth doing at
the begining to sort out any teething problems )
- Have to pay upfront for their best deals (1 or 2 year deals- super cheap)

Nas

Old September 19th 04, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

"E7even newsgroup" wrote in message
[...]

There are a couple of potential problems with paying money in advance though,
the biggest one being that if the company goes bust, you lose your money, the
other being that if prices fall, which they are likely to do, you could then end
up paying a lot more than others for the same service. The more you pay up
front, the more the risk.

Old September 19th 04, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nas

Yes some risk. Payed by cedit card, so you have some protection if a
company/service goes bust. But upfront paypment was just one option (the
cheapest)

Payed less than the eqiv. of £16 per month, was paying £23 for the last two
years with Pipex. In both cases I payed anually. There prices have not gone
down with Pipex since I joined, and I don't really see prices unmetered ADSL
getting as cheap as this in the few years.

Anyhow people just seem too be knocking down E7even for being so cheap.
ISP's are not like Football teams, if there cheap and reliable, change side.
Why pay more?

I stuck with Pipex, only reason I looked for another ISP was when I moved
house. On one occasion I waited 50 minutes on the Pipex Support line, only
to be told to go through the same things I already did. Wish I moved
earlier.

Nas

Old September 20th 04, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 19 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "GwG" wrote:

the biggest one being that if the company goes bust, you lose your money,

paying between 100 to 30,000 GBP on a credit card makes the CC firm one of
the jointly liable parties. I'm sure an amount *per unused month* could be
the subject of a Small Claims judgement if they wouldn't play ball. I was
ready to use firms like RedHotAnt but the joining fee was 93 quid so the
added protection wasn't there and I didn't go ahead.

I see less risk with e7even when paying a sum over the 100 GBP limit.
I guess there's a slight chance of lower cost services, but having seen
costs go down from 40 (BTO, 2001) to 30 (Freeserve, 2002) to 20 (2003)
and knowing BTW charges over a tenner a month, I see little chance of
significant drops to worry further about :-) Peter M.

(PH - lots of 'white space' on your wide display... tough! :-))
30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Old March 4th 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
orionrobots

I was also previously a pipex customer.
Pipex give a reliable service - in that you dont expect them to go bust
overnight - as they have been in the ISP business pretty much since the
beginning. My main complaint is that they were expensive - and the
support lines.

I have now been with e7even for nearly a year. They still hold their
own as being very cheap, very friendly email support(havent used the
phones), I have had less downtime with them than I did with Pipex. They
are also by far the cheapest - especially given they also give you a
fixed IP (from Pipex you pay an additional premium for that).

I was at first a little worried - I had paid for two years of service,
and the thought that they might dissappear overnight had crossed my
mind- but it all appears to be good. One loss from Pipex is the
newsgroups - but since Google do that (how do you think I am posting)
then unless you want to read binaries, you are sorted.

With the migration, I had a few more problems with pipex than e7even
but it was fairly smooth. I am also about to find out how difficult it
is to migrate to a new address. I will be moving in a couple of months
- and I will keep you posted on the progress of that...

One more thing- dont bother with NTL. I had really unfriendly calls
from them, relatively flaky service (remember the contention ratios are
much higher on cable) and was thoroughly displeased. Although that was
a couple of years ago now - it was bad enough that it is not easily
forgiven.

Regards,
Orion
-=-