Bah Humbug BT

Old September 15th 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default Bah Humbug BT

Well its activation date and still not activated. Reckon it will be tomorrow
now as its past 6pm.
Frustrating, but there are more important things to worry about than 10x modem
blah de blah.

Old September 15th 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:40:51 +0000 (UTC), "Beck"
wrote:

Well its activation date and still not activated. Reckon it will be tomorrow
now as its past 6pm.
Frustrating, but there are more important things to worry about than 10x modem
blah de blah.

Ye of little faith - BTY do say activation may not be until the
evening!
Old September 15th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

wrote:

Well its activation date and still not activated. Reckon it will be tomorrow
now as its past 6pm.
Frustrating, but there are more important things to worry about than 10x

modem
blah de blah.

Ye of little faith - BTY do say activation may not be until the
evening!

Yeah but I doubt BT engineers work later than 6pm. Or do they?
They have said to me if its not online by lunchtime tomorrow to call them back.

Old September 15th 04, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

wrote:

Well its activation date and still not activated. Reckon it will
be tomorrow now as its past 6pm.
Frustrating, but there are more important things to worry about
than 10x modem blah de blah.

Ye of little faith - BTY do say activation may not be until the
evening!

Yeah but I doubt BT engineers work later than 6pm. Or do they?
They have said to me if its not online by lunchtime tomorrow to
call them back.

You may be suprised how late they do work (or early for that matter).

Leave whatever interface you're using (if it's USB I hope that you've
installed the drivers correctly) plugged in via filter (hope you've put
filters on everything on the line as well) & you may be pleasantly suprised
when you wake tomorrow...

Old September 15th 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"chris" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:40:51 +0000 (UTC) and in article ci9ur3$par$1
@hercules.btinternet.com, Beck said...
: Frustrating, but there are more important things to worry about than 10x

modem
: blah de blah.
:
There are?

Yeah there must be.. somewhere

Old September 15th 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Kráftéé" wrote in message

You may be suprised how late they do work (or early for that matter).

Leave whatever interface you're using (if it's USB I hope that you've
installed the drivers correctly) plugged in via filter (hope you've put
filters on everything on the line as well) & you may be pleasantly suprised
when you wake tomorrow...

Everything is setup correctly as far as I know, just a case of waiting

Old September 15th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Beck wrote:
"Kráftéé" wrote in message

You may be suprised how late they do work (or early for that
matter).

Leave whatever interface you're using (if it's USB I hope that
you've installed the drivers correctly) plugged in via filter
(hope you've put filters on everything on the line as well) & you
may be pleasantly suprised when you wake tomorrow...

Everything is setup correctly as far as I know, just a case of
waiting

It's worth the wait, honest....

Old September 15th 04, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Kráftéé" wrote in message
wrote:

Well its activation date and still not activated. Reckon it will
be tomorrow now as its past 6pm.
Frustrating, but there are more important things to worry about
than 10x modem blah de blah.

Ye of little faith - BTY do say activation may not be until the
evening!

Yeah but I doubt BT engineers work later than 6pm. Or do they?
They have said to me if its not online by lunchtime tomorrow to
call them back.

You may be suprised how late they do work (or early for that matter).

Leave whatever interface you're using (if it's USB I hope that you've
installed the drivers correctly) plugged in via filter (hope you've put
filters on everything on the line as well) & you may be pleasantly

suprised
when you wake tomorrow...

BT engineers tend to work on shift patterns covering all the 24 hours of the
day. They have some excellent stories to tell about visits to people's
houses. :-) My sister lives next to a former BT engineer.

Haven't hard anything from the parents, Beck so presume they are in the same
boat as you (they would be on ICQ by now if all was working).

BT have said that activations may be delayed by 24 hours due to the problems
BT Wholesale had.

Old September 15th 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Nicola Redwood" wrote in message

"Kráftéé" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

There is hope for you yet, Beck
Just been chatting on Yahoo Messenger with my Mum - all enabled and working
fine from what I hear

Old September 16th 04, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor Appleton

"Beck" wrote in message
Well its activation date and still not activated. Reckon it will be

tomorrow
now as its past 6pm.
Frustrating, but there are more important things to worry about than 10x

modem
blah de blah.

you're lucky. I don't expect it here before 2006 if then