Tesco Broadband communication

Old September 16th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LiviLion

Default Tesco Broadband communication

Hi,

I filled in the online application for Tesco Broadband on Sunday and
haven't had any communications back yet about anthing.

I realise this can take up to two working weeks to be setup anyway so
I'm perhaps jumping the gun a tad.

I used the BT order tracking URL:

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-... =01592XXXXXX
where X = cusnumber/phonenumber and it says no valid orders found.

Does this mean BT don't have my order yet? Should I be concerned
about this?

I tried phoning customer services but it was engaged. I will continue
to try but was hoping for some enlightenment from here.

Thanks

LL
Old September 16th 04, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB.

LiviLion wrote:
Hi,

I filled in the online application for Tesco Broadband on Sunday and
haven't had any communications back yet about anything.

I realise this can take up to two working weeks to be setup anyway so
I'm perhaps jumping the gun a tad.

I used the BT order tracking URL:

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-... =01592XXXXXX
where X = cusnumber/phonenumber and it says no valid orders found.

Does this mean BT don't have my order yet? Should I be concerned
about this?

I tried phoning customer services but it was engaged. I will continue
to try but was hoping for some enlightenment from here.

Thanks

LL

Have you had the first email acknowledgment from Tesco, which includes:

quote
Congratulations! You have successfully placed your order for Tesco
broadband.

We will now submit your order to BT and they will carry out some initial
checks to ensure your line can be activated for broadband. We will be
back
in touch as soon as we know the result of these checks.
/quote

I ordered on Sept. 6th, and received that acknowledgment the same day.
But I've not heard anything since, and I've not yet received my modem.

BTW, I think you've given us the wrong URL above - you've left in some
of your own details. I think it should be:

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-... =YYYYYYYYYYY

- where the 'xxxs' are the a/c no. on your BT bill (2 letters, 8 digits)
and the 'yyys' your phone no. with area code

Having said that, I've just put in my details and am getting "No valid
orders found".
Time to chase up Tesco, I think!

--
DB.

Old September 16th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LiviLion

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:30:38 +0100, "DB."
wrote:

[...]

I've just spoken to someone on the phone who said that they have
received my order but haven't got an activation date back from BT yet.
Something to do with space on the exchange whatever that means?

Hope I'm not going to be waiting 6 months or something now :-(

LL
Old September 16th 04, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB.

wrote:

[...]

You're lucky - I just waited 30 mins. to speak to someone on the phone,
but they were too busy to answer.
The email I received accepting my application came from
and I've emailed them to ask what's going
on - perhaps you might do the same.

--
DB.

Old September 16th 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Not Me

LiviLion wrote:

Hi,

I filled in the online application for Tesco Broadband on Sunday and
haven't had any communications back yet about anthing.

snip

I ordered around the 5th/6th sept, and it was activated yesterday,
getting good speeds (over 60K/s) from most places (and the news server)
and so far very chuffed with it

I'd recently moved and had a new line installed, the website told me I
couldn't get adsl, the support guy (got through in under 5 minutes) was
very helpful, of course slagging off bt as much as possible. The next
day I signed up, got confirmations, email address was working in a
matter of hours, then it took a week of no news before I got the
confirmation date.

Hope that helps??
Chris (Newcastle upon Tyne)

Old September 16th 04, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Holdford

Well, I got the activation date and the ADSL modem. Activation date was 2
days ago. Still not working!!!!!! And not been able to contact Tecos
support as yet. Tried for an hour earlier :-(

Bob

Old September 17th 04, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA

Robert Holdford wrote:
Well, I got the activation date and the ADSL modem. Activation
date was 2 days ago. Still not working!!!!!! And not been able to
contact Tecos support as yet. Tried for an hour earlier :-(

Try the BT order status URL and make sure the order is marked as completed.