*R* ADSL

Old September 16th 04, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hucker

Default *R* ADSL

Isn't *R* ADSL meant to negotiate line speed? I am right on the limit of line length (dB level is either just under or just over the maximum, depending on what it had for breakfast), but I always get absolute full speed, or nothing. 1 to 5 minute dead zones where no data is transferred. I don't have to reconnect, it just starts up again. I don't lose synch with the exchange (according to the LEDs).

--
*****TWO BABY CONURES***** 16 parrots and increasing http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

. _///_,
. / ` ' '
) o' __/_'
( / _/ )_\'
' "__/ /_/\_
____/_/_/_/
/,---, _/ /
"" /_/_/_/
/_(_(_(_ \
( \_\_\\_ )\
\'__\_\_\_\__ ).\
//____|___\__) )_/
| _ \'___'_( /'
\_ (-'\'___'_\ __,'_'
__) \ \\___(_ __/.__,'
,((,-,__\ '", __\_/. __,'
'"./_._._-'
Old September 16th 04, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
AARRGGHH!! Not the Hucker? How are you?

Old September 16th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hucker

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:47:04 +0000 (UTC), Beck wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
AARRGGHH!! Not the Hucker? How are you?

Breeding parrots like crazy - see below!

Still on that shoddy BT mess? I get 10 times faster service from *BT* engineers by reporting problems through *Plusnet* - go figure that one out!

And I'm paying half the phoneline rental using IT Plus, yet *BT* service the line?!?!

--
*****TWO BABY CONURES***** 16 parrots and increasing http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

Some tourists in the Chicago Museum of Natural History are marveling at the dinosaur bones. One of them asks the guard, "Can you tell me how old the dinosaur bones are?"
The guard replies, "They are 3 million, four years, and six months old."
"That's an awfully exact number," says the tourist. "How do you know their age so precisely?"
The guard answers, "Well, the dinosaur bones were three million years old when I started working here, and that was four and a half years ago."
Old September 16th 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
AARRGGHH!! Not the Hucker? How are you?

Breeding parrots like crazy - see below!

Still on that shoddy BT mess? I get 10 times faster service from *BT*
engineers by reporting problems through *Plusnet* - go figure that one out!

Yep still here, in fact my adsl was activated this morning. Everything is fine.

Old September 16th 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hucker

wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
AARRGGHH!! Not the Hucker? How are you?

Breeding parrots like crazy - see below!

Still on that shoddy BT mess? I get 10 times faster service from *BT*
engineers by reporting problems through *Plusnet* - go figure that one out!

Yep still here, in fact my adsl was activated this morning. Everything is fine.

OUCH! Didn't you move MONTHS ago? ADSL should be the very first thing you see to! (Perhaps after getting the keys)

--
*****TWO BABY CONURES***** 16 parrots and increasing http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

It is OK to let your mind go blank, but please turn off the sound.
Old September 16th 04, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
AARRGGHH!! Not the Hucker? How are you?

Breeding parrots like crazy - see below!

Still on that shoddy BT mess? I get 10 times faster service from *BT*
engineers by reporting problems through *Plusnet* - go figure that one out!

Yep still here, in fact my adsl was activated this morning. Everything is
fine.

OUCH! Didn't you move MONTHS ago? ADSL should be the very first thing you
see to! (Perhaps after getting the keys)

I moved back to my parents about 2 years ago if thats what you mean

Old September 16th 04, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hucker

wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:47:04 +0000 (UTC), Beck
wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
AARRGGHH!! Not the Hucker? How are you?

Breeding parrots like crazy - see below!

Still on that shoddy BT mess? I get 10 times faster service from *BT*
engineers by reporting problems through *Plusnet* - go figure that one out!

Yep still here, in fact my adsl was activated this morning. Everything is
fine.

OUCH! Didn't you move MONTHS ago? ADSL should be the very first thing you
see to! (Perhaps after getting the keys)

I moved back to my parents about 2 years ago if thats what you mean

My concept of time is awful - I'm forever trying to claim n guarantees for 5 year old stuff!

Anyway, you took TWO YEARS to get adsl?!? And here I am getting ****ed off with how slow this 512/256 is. My line is too long for the faster ones :-( :-(

And while I'm at it, this dual athlon MP 2800+ sux. I want an athlon 64 :-(

--
*****TWO BABY CONURES***** 16 parrots and increasing http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

:
:
\ _ /
\ . " _ " . /
/ .-" "-. \
: : - : :
--- : : O : : ---
1 : : - : :
Y Y \ '- -' /
Y # Y / . " - " . \
Y # # Y / " - " \
Y # # Y
1 Y # # Y :
Y Y Y # # Y :
Y # Y Y # # Y
Y # Y Y # # Y
Y # Y Y # # Y
Y # Y Y # # Y
Y # Y Y # # Y l
Y # Y Y # # Y Y Y
Y # # Y_Y_Y # # # Y Y # Y
Y # # # # # # # Y Y # Y
Y Y Y Y Y # # # Y Y # Y
Y # # Y Y # Y
Y _ Y _ Y # Y _ _____
Y / \ Y ,:' Y # Y \ / \
_ Y \_/ Y -' Y # Y \ : :
____; Y Y Y # Y : : : _
/ : Y # # # Y_Y_Y # # Y \ : : : : : :
,--._ / ; Y # # # # # # # Y : : : '. \: :
_ _; : \_/ ; Y # # # Y Y Y Y Y ; : : : : :
\ / ' / ; Y # # Y : : : \:
--\____/____________________ Y # # Y ________________\__/____________\
Y # # Y
Y # # Y
Y # # Y
* Y # # Y -___.
### Y # # Y '------'
##### Y # # Y
Y # # Y
Y # # Y _______.---
( ,. Y # # Y -----'
( :' (', Y # # Y
: ) ; Y # # Y
( '-," Y # # Y
'-"= ) Y # # Y
Old September 16th 04, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward

wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
AARRGGHH!! Not the Hucker? How are you?

Breeding parrots like crazy - see below!

Still on that shoddy BT mess? I get 10 times faster service from
*BT*
engineers by reporting problems through *Plusnet* - go figure that
one out!

Yep still here, in fact my adsl was activated this morning.
Everything is fine.

OUCH! Didn't you move MONTHS ago? ADSL should be the very first
thing you see to! (Perhaps after getting the keys)

Hi Peter, how are you post-BT?
Old September 16th 04, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hucker

wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
AARRGGHH!! Not the Hucker? How are you?

Breeding parrots like crazy - see below!

Still on that shoddy BT mess? I get 10 times faster service from
*BT*
engineers by reporting problems through *Plusnet* - go figure that
one out!

Yep still here, in fact my adsl was activated this morning.
Everything is fine.

OUCH! Didn't you move MONTHS ago? ADSL should be the very first
thing you see to! (Perhaps after getting the keys)

Hi Peter, how are you post-BT?

Let me put it this way - once you leave you never look back. I've now got this new idea called "customer service". No more BT. Not for internet, not for mobiles, and not for landline.

--
*****TWO BABY CONURES***** 16 parrots and increasing http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

(\___/)
\ (= =)
c\ '
)D_/
___/ /___
/_ ` ~ )
/ /\ . ' .)|
#( \ , '/
)\ ;;,,;,;
_( /,#;,;;,;,
//,i;;;,,;#,;
(( %;;,;,;;,;
)) ;#;,;%;;,,
_// ;,;; ,#;,
/_/ #,; ))
)/ \|_
/| |#\
)#\ -"
-"
Old September 16th 04, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
Anyway, you took TWO YEARS to get adsl?!? And here I am getting ****ed off
with how slow this 512/256 is. My line is too long for the faster ones :-(
:-(

I had no choice. Not until this month when I was able to get it due to the
distance limits lifted.