Subscribing to Pipex. "order on hold"

Old September 16th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Holland

Default Subscribing to Pipex. "order on hold"

Hello, a query on line checks:

We just got our village exchange enabled for ADSL on Sept 8th. Joy!

I settled for Pipex as my ADSL isp. I'm with Wanadoo just now. Signed up
on Monday 13th Sept.
for the 1Mbit service.

Checking the order tracking from Tue. onwards I'm getting this:

"Service Ordered: PIPEX Xtreme Solo2Go 1000
Current ADSL Order Status: Your order is currently "on hold" while BT
carry out further checks on your line. BT should update us with the
results of these checks shortly. If your order remains "on hold" for
more than a few days you can contact PIPEX Customer Care on 0845 077
2455 to discuss the situation."

Still the same today (Thu)

Now, I'm probably being *very* paranoid here, and a little impatient.
but this sounds as if I may have a problem getting ADSL. I Thought it
would be a very straight forward signup and activation. Is this kind
of message fairly normal in the course of checking? I have no idea.

I'm only about 200 metres from the exchange, and the drop pole(?) that
that distributes the wires to all the houses in my street is about
50 feet away from me, the manhole that it gets its feed from is outside
my front door.

In the house we have a master socket + 2 hard wired extensions. 1 Phone
on each + one modem in the PC.
I get perfect V.92 modem connections, though I guess probably doesn't
have much significance to the point in hand.

Old September 17th 04, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Holland

Mugwump wrote:

In article , Gordon Holland
said......

Hello, a query on line checks:

We just got our village exchange enabled for ADSL on Sept 8th. Joy!

Do you definitely know that the exchange was enabled then?
It may have been the due date but ATM BT are running late in some areas
with exchange enabling. It may be that the exchange isn't ready yet and
orders are on hold for this reason.

I phoned pipex today. At first they told me my activation date was Tue
21st Sept, then they checked with BT and said it may be later than this.
They told me to phone back on Tue.

I was told, in essence, by Pipex that the exchange is enabled, but BT
haven't configured the the kit to route to the Pipex network the way
that Pipex want it or somesuch. He was a bit vague on this. He said I
shoudn't have a problem getting ADSL though, and that they had seen
problems like this before. He seemed a little ****ed off with BT, I got
the impression he wasn't to happy with the level of information he was
getting from them.