move mid contract?

Old September 16th 04, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

Default move mid contract?

My village is actually due to get adsl in January. Trouble is, Im likely to
be moving in June... Do most providers still tie you to a 12 month contract?
If so, do they have problems with you moving during the 12 months (wherever
I went would need to have bb, the g/f says she can't go back to dialup when
we move in together!
James

Old September 16th 04, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 16 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "James" wrote:

Do most providers still tie you to a 12 month contract?

Well a lot do if you want free setup, though Virgin doesn't seem to do so.
You can get 3 month or 1 month contract services but often with 60-70 GBP
setup fee :-( Virgin gives 1 month contract, and no seyup fee (but I'm
not a user so please don't take this as a recommendation !! :-)

If so, do they have problems with you moving during the 12 months

I think only a tiny number would easily handle you moving. Whether the
phone number of BT circuit details change, there would be a new 50+VAT
setup fee charged. Some might allow you to move, but something to
search ADSLguide.org for if I were you. Good luck !! Peter M

Old September 17th 04, 07:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

If ADSL is more important to her than you!

Maybe you should think about is she the right girl for you?

As for moving, so long as you don't mind paying say just over or maybe less
than 100 then you have no worries.

Just pay what they ask for breach of contract or like the other person said
get a monthly contract ISP.