Weird bittorrent problem

Old September 16th 04, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Weird bittorrent problem

Bittorrent works perfectly fine when downloading files from www.uknova.com
however downloading files from www.suprnova.org pause after a short while
and I have to get back into bittorrent to resume. It will keep doing this
until the file is complete! does anybody know what the problem could be?

Cheers

Dan

Old September 16th 04, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mrlipring

"Dan" wrote in message
Bittorrent works perfectly fine when downloading files from www.uknova.com
however downloading files from www.suprnova.org pause after a short while
and I have to get back into bittorrent to resume. It will keep doing this
until the file is complete! does anybody know what the problem could be?

Cheers

Dan

first off, it shouldn't matter which website you get the torrents from. It
appears that uknova uses its own trackers, whereas Snova has torrents from
all different trackers, and it may be some of the trackers give you
problems, some don't. What trackers are the problematic torrents using?

I'm not at all sure what you mean by "i have to get back into bittorrent to
resume", could you clear this up?

What client are you using? Does it make a difference if you use another
client? I prefer torrentstorm, assuming you're running windows.

Old September 16th 04, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

What client are you using? Does it make a difference if you use another
client? I prefer torrentstorm, assuming you're running windows.

I had a problem with torrents pausing when I was using one of the first
configurable versions (slider for speed adjustment) - I moved to Azureus
months ago and its been great since :-)

www.sourceforge.net - its usually about the 3rd app in the top ten, shown
on the left hand side

You need the official Sun Java for it though, not the *******ised non-
compatible M$ "remake"

Old September 17th 04, 12:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jamie_Manic

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
What client are you using? Does it make a difference if you use another
client? I prefer torrentstorm, assuming you're running windows.

I had a problem with torrents pausing when I was using one of the first
configurable versions (slider for speed adjustment) - I moved to Azureus
months ago and its been great since :-)

Azureus is fantastic, it should be the standard.

Old September 17th 04, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

ew, java.

Not had a problem with it personally...

shudder LOL - and you complain about java !

Old September 17th 04, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meurig Freeman

mrlipring wrote:

snip

You need the official Sun Java for it though, not the *******ised non-
compatible M$ "remake"

ew, java.

It's a great app actually, and you'd never know it was java to look at it.

--
Meurig
(http://xboxmods.meurig.com)
Old September 17th 04, 02:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mrlipring

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
ew, java.

Not had a problem with it personally...

shudder LOL - and you complain about java !

what's wrong with OE? It does all i need it to, it's free, and it's one less
thing to install when i reinstall. I know there's the top/bottom posting
thing, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to move a cursor. If there are
any real reasons why anything else is better, i'll gladly change over, but
it's always been adequate for my needs.

Old September 17th 04, 05:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

"Dan" wrote in message
Bittorrent works perfectly fine when downloading files from www.uknova.com
however downloading files from www.suprnova.org pause after a short while
and I have to get back into bittorrent to resume. It will keep doing this
until the file is complete! does anybody know what the problem could be?

Cheers

Dan

My Bittorrent client - the latest version of ABC - has a setting...
Fron the Action menu select Preferences.
On the Preferences - the Queue tab - there's a setting 'Set status to ????
when a torrent fails'.
You can choose 'queue' or 'pause' - which one you choose determines whether
the Bittorrent remains queued (active) or set inactive (paused) when
connection fails.
I don't know about any of the other clients but assume it is a setting
available with all clients.

Martin.

Old September 17th 04, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julian Knight

From mrlipring on 17/Sep/2004 02:12:
"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...

ew, java.

Not had a problem with it personally...

shudder LOL - and you complain about java !

what's wrong with OE? It does all i need it to, it's free, and it's one less
thing to install when i reinstall. I know there's the top/bottom posting
thing, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to move a cursor. If there are
any real reasons why anything else is better, i'll gladly change over, but
it's always been adequate for my needs.

Security is a real problem with OE.

--
Julian Knight, http://www.knightnet.org.uk/