Old July 28th 03, 01:00 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Matthew Jones

Default username & password req'd

Please help

I have a small peer-peer network set up between me & my neighbours (3 pcs in
total). These are all connected via a hub. My pc is running XP home and the
other 2 machines are running XP pro. The problem I have is that i cant
access shared folders on one of the xp pro machines cos it keeps asking me
for a username & password. However, the same xp pro pc is able to view &
share my files without the hindrance of a username & password box appearing.
Does anyone have any idea on how to get over this?
Also when I use windows explorer or "my network places" to view the pcs on
the network it takes about a minute or so for all pcs to appear on the
screen. is this normal or is there anything I can do to speed up this
process?

tia

--
Matthew Jones