Tesco broadband delay.

Old September 17th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB.

Default Tesco broadband delay.

I placed my order on 6th September, and received the same day the
message:
Congratulations! You have successfully placed your order for Tesco
broadband.
We will now submit your order to BT and they will carry out some
initial checks to ensure your line can be activated for broadband. We
will be back in touch as soon as we know the result of these checks.

However, when I track the order on BT's website at:
https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-...ary?CUSNUM=(my
BTcustnumber)&TELNUM=(myfullBTphone number) I find "No valid orders
found". It seems that after 11 days Tesco hasn't even passed the order
to BT.
I've emailed twice without reply and in
an attempt to speak to someone have phoned their support line on two
occasions but after waiting 30 and 60 minutes respectively I had no
response.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might get through to
these b*gg*rs, please?

--
DB.

Old September 17th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Time to cancel the order and choose another ISP I think!

gee six jay en

Replace the words with the numbers to email me

Old September 17th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"DB." wrote in message
[...]

Well if they have a **** before sales service then it begs the question about
what their after sales service is like. Choose an isp than can do the job
properly?

Old September 17th 04, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Well if they have a **** before sales service then it begs the question
about
what their after sales service is like. Choose an isp than can do the job
properly?

I got Tesco Broadband connected on Monday, worked fine
Tuesday it went dead with Error 0721, so I phone the "free" 30 day
support number and waited and waited and waited. After 30 minutes
line went dead, I have tried phoning their support line many many
times never once got anyone to answer, left my number on their
voicemail and sent umpteen emails, nothing.
If you want broadband and after sales service DO NOT USE
TESCO BROADBAND.
As soon as I can get them to answer the phone I am going to
cancel my service with them.

You have been warned!!

Phil

Old September 17th 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Holdford

Well several days after the connection date I am finally able to connect!!!!
For about 3 minutes that is!! Connection drops out for a minute or so then
returns. Not that it matters anyway, as everything is really slow. Thats
if the pages load anyway!!

I have rang the free for 30 days number for the last 4 days. Finally got to
speak to someone after 2 hours 35 minutes of that god awful background
music!!! Did'nt solve the not loading pages problem. Connection shows
500k plus!!!

Whatever gonna revert to 56k modem till tomorrow. Then try again.

Damn Tesco Broadband!!!

Bob

Old September 17th 04, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Robert Holdford" wrote in message
Well several days after the connection date I am finally able to connect!!!!
For about 3 minutes that is!! Connection drops out for a minute or so then
returns. Not that it matters anyway, as everything is really slow. Thats if
the pages load anyway!!

I have rang the free for 30 days number for the last 4 days. Finally got to
speak to someone after 2 hours 35 minutes of that god awful background
music!!! Did'nt solve the not loading pages problem. Connection shows 500k
plus!!!

You must have ordered the Value Broadband. Do the pages have blue and white
stripes on them?
Seriously though, if you can download, sounds like a dns problem. Seeing as
Tesco piggybacks on NTL, I wonder if NTL have problems aswell?

Old September 20th 04, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Tesco broadband delay- Pipex is as bad or worse!!!

"Phil" wrote in message

Well if they have a **** before sales service then it begs the question
about
what their after sales service is like. Choose an isp than can do the

job
properly?

I got Tesco Broadband connected on Monday, worked fine
Tuesday it went dead with Error 0721, so I phone the "free" 30 day
support number and waited and waited and waited. After 30 minutes
line went dead, I have tried phoning their support line many many
times never once got anyone to answer, left my number on their
voicemail and sent umpteen emails, nothing.
If you want broadband and after sales service DO NOT USE
TESCO BROADBAND.
As soon as I can get them to answer the phone I am going to
cancel my service with them.

You have been warned!!

Phil

I'm afraid (despite their reasonably good reputation) I'd say exactly the
same about Pipex broadband - DO NOT USE PIPEX BROADBAND if you want any
after-sales service!!!!! T

Pipex's sales department seems to work smoothly - but when they've got your
money their support and customer services departments are absolutely
appalling, judging by my recent experience.

My line was broadband enabled 7 days ago. All kit (CD, phone socket adaptors
and Speedtouch modem) came in good time. Standard Windows XP system - modern
laptop - nothing usual. Did the necessary and plugged everything in - but
error messages all the way 'no dial tone', PPP link disconnected, (etc.);
sometimes authenticates my username and password and logs onto the broadband
system (connected at 576 - so my passport, etc, must be OK) - but
disconnects after 15 seconds and offers option to 'redial'. Tried disabling
firewall and checked everything with Dr Speedtouch software (says problem is
with ISP connection).

SO, I have emailed both customer services and support at Pipex about 5 times
during the last 6 days, setting out the problems and asking for urgent
assistance (suggesting that it's a BT problem, especially as my line loss
was 62.5 when tested - and refused broadband a few months ago). Automated
replies - no actual assistance offered. They haven't even entered a fault in
their on-line fault database - so clearly my emails have been a complete
waste of time as no human being reads them!

Have telephoned Pipex support until blue in the face and have hung on for
long periods in the usual queues!! This is expensive, time-consuming and
gets you nowhere!!!

What do I do? I've cancelled my dial-up contract with another ISP (so now
paying per minute). I haven't got a broadband connection, a week later, and
to add insult to injury the broadband enabling of my line has cut the
dial-up connection speed from 48 to 32!!

SO - AVOID PIPEX AS WELL.

Any ideas? I'm minded to cancel by letter and demand a full refund + no
cancellation charge (as they've failed to supply the service they can't
charge a cancellation fee - or can they)??

Paul

---