ADSL Modem sharing and VPN's

Old September 17th 04, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ADSL Modem sharing and VPN's

At the moment I use my laptop to link to work via a dialup connection
to the net and then a VPN link to our server and all works fine if a
little slow. The kids are pushing for ADSL so i was thinking of going
along with it I realise the correct solution would be a wireless ADSL
router supporting VPN outbound but wonder if to save a penny or two I
could just share an ADSL internet connection via a modem on the home
machine over existing wirelss Link to my laptop and still obtain the
VPN link?

Any ideas appreciated.