Migrating from Tiscali to BT Broadband

Old September 17th 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Ron

Default Migrating from Tiscali to BT Broadband

I currently have BT Home Highway and a dial-up Tiscali Anytime
account. Having looked at the TCO as well as bandwidth availability
and service quality, I'm considering migrating to BT Broadband. The
salesguy at BT indicated that the cost of an engineer coming along to
uninstall the ISDN service would be "taken care of" were I to switch
to BT Broadband.

My question is about my existing email accounts and webspace with
Tiscali.

Am I right in saying that if I move to BT Broadband I'll no longer be
able to access my POP/SMTP email accounts as well as my webspace?

If that is the case should I go for the BT Yahoo Broadband which
supplies email addresses and webspace as opposed to the bog-standard
BT Broadband? There's only a couple of quid a moth separating them in
terms of cost.
Old September 17th 04, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Big Ron" wrote in message
m...
I currently have BT Home Highway and a dial-up Tiscali Anytime
account. Having looked at the TCO as well as bandwidth availability
and service quality, I'm considering migrating to BT Broadband. The
salesguy at BT indicated that the cost of an engineer coming along to
uninstall the ISDN service would be "taken care of" were I to switch
to BT Broadband.

My question is about my existing email accounts and webspace with
Tiscali.

Am I right in saying that if I move to BT Broadband I'll no longer be
able to access my POP/SMTP email accounts as well as my webspace?

If that is the case should I go for the BT Yahoo Broadband which
supplies email addresses and webspace as opposed to the bog-standard
BT Broadband? There's only a couple of quid a moth separating them in
terms of cost.

You might be able to downgrade your Tiscali anytime account to pay and go. Then
you would only have to dial in to it every so often. The isp varies someitmes
its 90 days, sometimes its 60 days or whatever, so check the terms and
conditions of the Tiscali account.

Old September 17th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 17 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Grant" wrote:

An alternative you might want to consider is a separate mail and space
account. Clara do one for ten quid a year.

http://www.uk.clara.net/btbroadband/

when I used the ten quid account it was for mail and news (text) only...
Surely one needs their 30 quid a year mail + domain name registration +
news (10 GB max a month, but binaries allowed) + [limited] webhosting to
get some webspace. Or register a .info for free, and get hosting free,
and pay a tenner for mail + (text) news from Clara, forwarding the mail
to the Clara account to do any headers-based filtering... Peter M.
Old September 17th 04, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"poster" wrote in message

On 17 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Grant" wrote:

An alternative you might want to consider is a separate mail and
space account. Clara do one for ten quid a year.

http://www.uk.clara.net/btbroadband/

when I used the ten quid account it was for mail and news (text)
only... Surely one needs their 30 quid a year mail + domain name
registration + news (10 GB max a month, but binaries allowed) +
[limited] webhosting to get some webspace.

Nope. Try clicking on the link.