Tesco fiasco

Old September 17th 04, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Tesco fiasco

Has anyone ever managed to get through
to Tesco broadband support on 0800 479 8181 ?
I have tried for the past two days and have never
had anyone answer. I have emailed them and nothing,
The only way I have managed to contact them was on
their 50p minute line but even that now is overloaded
as I get "sorry the line is busy"
It seems to me that Tesco Broadband has no technical
support worth talking about.
My broadband went down earlier this week and I
have no idea when its going to be resolved.

Phil

Old September 17th 04, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Ramsden

Phil wrote:

Has anyone ever managed to get through
to Tesco broadband support on 0800 479 8181 ?
I have tried for the past two days and have never
had anyone answer. I have emailed them and nothing,
The only way I have managed to contact them was on
their 50p minute line but even that now is overloaded
as I get "sorry the line is busy"
It seems to me that Tesco Broadband has no technical
support worth talking about.
My broadband went down earlier this week and I
have no idea when its going to be resolved.

Phil

Reminds me of the C&W mail message, who do I have to sleep with in Manhattan
to get my adsl line working?

Didn't C&W buy NTL who are now responsible for Tesco's offering. If it's
anything like their switchboard, enter the number you are calling from and
you do do many, many times - and not even your call is important to us.

I actually found someone to get my NTL modem working after three weeks,
because they gave me a dumb Windoze disk and I use Linux. I eventually
found some really nice woman -after we do not support Linux, which is a
restraint of trade is it not- and found out they do and have a really good
server to get everything up and running far easier than the Windoze disk.

So if you get the right support operative, who knows their job, you may get
connected. Tip always use the 0800 number as, they make money out of your
delays with the 0845, 0870, so it is in their interest???, in getting you
working as quick as possible.

Best of luck, Tesco has also taken the sugar out of their Vimto for you,
gives Computers for schools with only Windows XP and send me spam even
though I have repeatedly threatened them with Mr Fuzz, so I guess your on
the Tesco learning curve/aka NTL.

--
Lioncom adsl 4 port router, Nildram adsl running on Redhat 7.3. You can see
and hear me and my pal Joe Longthorne on uktalent.org.
Old September 17th 04, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deag

Didn't C&W buy NTL who are now responsible for Tesco's offering.

No NTL bought C&W's cable TV service a good 5 or 6 years ago.

Old September 17th 04, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:28:44 +0100, Tiny Ramsden
wrote:

Didn't C&W buy NTL ?

No, NTL purchased C&W Consumerco from C&W ( but it all gets a little
involved, because C&W bought C&W dataco from themselves and a few
others) which was the rump of the old Mercury Communications. That was
C&W's exiit (the first of many) from the domestic market. C&W have
also sold other companies, such as HK Telcom, an Australian company
and some American outfit, but have recently purchased Bulldog.
--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old September 19th 04, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kit

"Phil" wrote in message

Has anyone ever managed to get through
to Tesco broadband support on 0800 479 8181 ?
I have tried for the past two days and have never
had anyone answer. I have emailed them and nothing,
The only way I have managed to contact them was on
their 50p minute line but even that now is overloaded
as I get "sorry the line is busy"
It seems to me that Tesco Broadband has no technical
support worth talking about.
My broadband went down earlier this week and I
have no idea when its going to be resolved.

Phil

I am sorry to say I am an EX Tesco customer who managed to get away !!!

I had nothing but trouble from day one - I would advise anyone that can get
out of the contract to do so.

Try 0845 650 8000 that is the basic customer service line. I had more luck
with that one that any of the supposed *helplines*

I am now a day away from joining plus net and I cant wait.

Old September 20th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Not Me

Kit wrote:
"Phil" wrote in message

Has anyone ever managed to get through
to Tesco broadband support on 0800 479 8181 ?
I have tried for the past two days and have never
had anyone answer. I have emailed them and nothing,
The only way I have managed to contact them was on
their 50p minute line but even that now is overloaded
as I get "sorry the line is busy"
It seems to me that Tesco Broadband has no technical
support worth talking about.
My broadband went down earlier this week and I
have no idea when its going to be resolved.

I am sorry to say I am an EX Tesco customer who managed to get away !!!

snip

gotta stick up for tesco, got through on the freephone number straight
away and they were very helpful. Everything went through in about a week
and I'm enjoying a far superior service (well it's faster for a
start...) than I got with Pipex for less s.

Cheers,
Chris
Old September 20th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Clark

In article ,
Tiny Ramsden writes:
Phil wrote:

Has anyone ever managed to get through
to Tesco broadband support on 0800 479 8181 ?
I have tried for the past two days and have never
had anyone answer. I have emailed them and nothing,

I actually found someone to get my NTL modem working after three weeks,
because they gave me a dumb Windoze disk and I use Linux. I eventually
found some really nice woman -after we do not support Linux, which is a
restraint of trade is it not- and found out they do and have a really good
server to get everything up and running far easier than the Windoze disk.

I use Linux and find using an ISP which doesn't support Linux is a huge
advantage. It means I never have to waste vast amounts of time trying to
contact their support line.

OK, that's not 100% true, I'm with NTL cable and needed to contact them
about my TV service only this week, due to a fault. I think the problem
is that the person at NTL who has the job of answering the phone is on
holiday at the moment.

--
Tim Clark