Old August 4th 03, 10:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stuart Dennett

Default Belkin 54g wireless router and card disconnecting

Try changing the channel that the router (access point) uses by default it
is set to 1, I had no end of problems with this regular disconnects though
when I changed it to channel 10 (just choose the number at random), I have
not had any disconnects, using the same router. The reason I think is that
the router uses the 2.4GHz frequency which I used by alot of other things
(such as microwaves) so it could be that some one has switched the

microwave
on, or is using Bluetooth?

Hi
I tried changing the channel from 11 to 2, and then 5, but it didn't seem to
make any difference. Thanks anyway!
--
Stuart Dennett