BT Engineer ADSL account

Old September 17th 04, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

Default BT Engineer ADSL account

Anybody know the account/password that the BT engineers use when
testing ADSL lines.
My lads been asked to get a conexant hasbani to connect using a
Zen account and it's failing.
If the BT one works maybe the user/password is wrong.

Thanks

eric
--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old September 17th 04, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.as...eshooting#Q132

Old September 17th 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"DB" wrote in message

"Eric Parker" wrote in message
Anybody know the account/password that the BT engineers use when
testing ADSL lines.
My lads been asked to get a conexant hasbani to connect using a
Zen account and it's failing.
If the BT one works maybe the user/password is wrong.

Thanks

eric
--

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.as...eshooting#Q132

Thanks for that DB

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old September 17th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Moonshine

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:23:02 +0100, "DB" wrote:

"Eric Parker" wrote in message
Anybody know the account/password that the BT engineers use when
testing ADSL lines.
My lads been asked to get a conexant hasbani to connect using a
Zen account and it's failing.
If the BT one works maybe the user/password is wrong.

Thanks

eric
--

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.as...eshooting#Q132

NOTE: The bt_test login will not work on services that are provisioned
using the BT Datastream wholesale products.

Regarding the above note on the link, could someone please say what
the result should be if you do try the bt test account on a DataStream
line, will it just not authenticate, or won't you be able to access
the www.bt.net/digitaldemo page?

I'm seeing various results on different lines I have access to and
would like to close in on what the reason could be.

Thanks
Old September 18th 04, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:22:56 GMT, Moonshine wrote:

[...]

Hi,

On a datastream line the [email protected]_domain should just fail to
authenticate because there's provision to the BT RAS set up.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old September 18th 04, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Moonshine

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:47:52 +0100, PlusNet Support Team
wrote:

[...]

OK Thanks Dave, one of the lines I'm using is my Plus Net line at
home. That authenticates to [email protected]_domain but I can't access
the www.bt.net/digitaldemo page. I'm told that there may be an issue
in certain parts of the country at the moment with the test access. My
area code is 01564.

Do you know any more about this?

Cheers
Old September 18th 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

wrote:

[...]

There's no problems that I know of with the test logins, and there's no
outstanding MSO's.
Try this URL instead and see if it works

http://193.113.211.125/digitaldemo/

Should bring up the same page.

Old September 22nd 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Moonshine

wrote:

[...]

Hi Dave,

Back with this one again...

Yes that IP address works when connected to the BT test account.

www.bt.net/digitaldemo works fine when signed into the internet proper

The problem appears to be that www.bt.net/digitaldemo is resolving to
194.74.80.16 not the 193 address, which isn't found on the BT test
account. Do you know why this is, and if it is something that you can
(pardon the pun) resolve.

Thanks

Cliff