Now more broadband than unmetered

Old September 17th 04, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default Now more broadband than unmetered

Broadband has out-stripped unmetered dial-up connections in the UK for the
first time, official figures show.
According to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the number of always-on
connections reached 31% in July, compared with 29% for unmetered access.

Competition, falling prices and better availability is fuelling the growth.

Although dial-up is on the wane, it is still the way most Britons connect to the
net, with more than a third paying per minute.

More here...

Old September 18th 04, 08:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Niaz Khan

"Beck" wrote in message
Broadband has out-stripped unmetered dial-up connections in the UK for the
first time, official figures show.
According to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the number of

always-on
connections reached 31% in July, compared with 29% for unmetered access.

Nice to see a familiar name on this group also
(note - uk.games.video.misc)

I'm hoping to change the stats to & go to broadband - I have been putting it
off for too long.............

It was a choice of broadband or a new video card for the PC & has much as I
would like to be able to play doom 3 in all it's glory, I opted for
broadband instead

Niaz Khan
'..getting old & still playing video games..'

Old September 18th 04, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Niaz Khan" wrote in message
"Beck" wrote in message
Broadband has out-stripped unmetered dial-up connections in the UK for the
first time, official figures show.
According to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the number of

always-on
connections reached 31% in July, compared with 29% for unmetered access.

Nice to see a familiar name on this group also
(note - uk.games.video.misc)

I'm hoping to change the stats to & go to broadband - I have been putting it
off for too long.............

It was a choice of broadband or a new video card for the PC & has much as I
would like to be able to play doom 3 in all it's glory, I opted for
broadband instead

Might get to see you on Live soon then?
I think you made the right choice of broadband over the card because Doom 3 can
wait, yet there are many other games waiting for you :-)