Line attenuation 58db down

Old September 17th 04, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Default Line attenuation 58db down

Beck wrote:
I finally upgraded the firmware on my router (speedtouch 530) and have
managed to get a db reading.
It says my downstream attenuation is 58db which is within the limits of the
previous 512 limit. So I wonder why I could not get adsl before now.
Are router figures reliable?

Not perfectly.
As a ballpark, two routers I plugged into my line agreed to within a dN.
Your line may also vary a bit in attenuation over time, so it could have been
over 60dB when they checked.