Line attenuation 58db down

Old September 17th 04, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Line attenuation 58db down

"Beck" wrote in message

I finally upgraded the firmware on my router (speedtouch 530) and
have managed to get a db reading.
It says my downstream attenuation is 58db which is within the limits
of the previous 512 limit. So I wonder why I could not get adsl
before now.

lol - what did I say.. you will be wanting 1MB next!

Are router figures reliable?

Depends - some are more reliable than others (soem can be 10 or more out I
believe)... according to your router it means you really have a dB reading
of about 54 - as having the ADSL line enabled adds about 4 to the dB
reading...

I don't have any experience of the speedtouch 530 and how accurate it is but
would have thought "pretty accurate" as it will be an Alcatel chipset..

Regards
Sunil