Complaints address

Old September 19th 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Default Complaints address

To whom do I complain about the usual ³your domain is about to expire and
you should pay me £60² letter from a domain registration company ?

I assume its Ofcom, or is it Trading Standards ?

Old September 19th 04, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:15:06 +0100, Graham in Melton
wrote:

To whom do I complain about the usual ³your domain is about to expire and
you should pay me £60² letter from a domain registration company ?

I assume its Ofcom, or is it Trading Standards ?

I fail to see what Ofcom has to do with it. Trading Standards might
be interested, since others have raised this issue recently.

However you could could just bin it and move on.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old September 19th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:15:06 UTC, Graham in Melton
wrote:

To whom do I complain about the usual üyour domain is about to expire and
you should pay me œ60ı letter from a domain registration company ?

I assume its Ofcom, or is it Trading Standards ?

It's really Trading Standards; unfortunately these people seem to be
sailing just inside the law....

But look he

http://www.seowebsitepromotion.com/enigma_log.htm

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old September 19th 04, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
To whom do I complain about the usual ³your domain is about to expire and
you should pay me £60² letter from a domain registration company ?

I assume its Ofcom, or is it Trading Standards ?

who is the domain registration company ?

Old September 19th 04, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
To whom do I complain about the usual ³your domain is about to expire and
you should pay me £60² letter from a domain registration company ?

I assume its Ofcom, or is it Trading Standards ?

ooh I got one of them this week. Not interested in renewing the domain I just
put it aside. I still have it though if I need to send it off to trading
standards or whoever.

Old September 19th 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Grass is greener

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:15:06 +0100, [Graham in Melton] said :-

To whom do I complain about the usual ³your domain is about to expire and
you should pay me £60² letter from a domain registration company ?

I assume its Ofcom, or is it Trading Standards ?

The Information Commissioner - if it is a "UK" company, since they are
spamming.
Old September 19th 04, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:39:36 UTC, "Lo Salt"
wrote:

who is the domain registration company ?

A pirate outfit called Domain Registry Services, based near Cambridge.
Their T&Cs don't even guarantee that they'll renew the domain (which
your own domain registrar/ISP should do anyway).

Avoid them like the plague; a lot of ISPs have had disgruntled customers
complain about having to pay more/more often for renewals...

Google on the name to get more.
Old September 19th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:13:19 +0100, The Grass is greener
wrote:

The Information Commissioner - if it is a "UK" company, since they are
spamming.

How are they spamming?

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old September 19th 04, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Lo Salt" wrote in message

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
To whom do I complain about the usual ³your domain is about to expire and
you should pay me £60² letter from a domain registration company ?

I assume its Ofcom, or is it Trading Standards ?

who is the domain registration company ?

The one I have here sent to me the other day has an address of..
Domain Registry Services
Office 6, 154 Church End
Cambridge
CB1 3LD
0870 950 0369

Old September 19th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Grass is greener

wrote:

The Information Commissioner - if it is a "UK" company, since they are
spamming.

How are they spamming?

Where are they getting names from ? Who has actually signed up to
receive emails from them ?