ADSL isn't working.

Old September 20th 04, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default ADSL isn't working.

Hello,

My line should have been ADSL enabled on the 16th September. The BT order
checker thingy is showing the IPStream provisioning as completed yet I can't
hear any additional noise over the phone line (it's just dead quiet) and the
modem isn't syncing at all - green ADSL light just flashes.

I fired off an email to PIPEX at the weekend about this but I was wondering
if I should just wait a bit longer before pursuing further. Is my ADSL
likely to just start working or shall I start pressuring PIPEX to get a BT
engineer out to me now?

Many thanks.

Dave.

Old September 20th 04, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt

"Dave" wrote in message

SNIP

Get in touch with BT, there could be a fault on the line...

i had this problem last july, and it was sorted out with in 2 days.

Old September 20th 04, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

I had exactly the same problem.

Check with your ISP that your line is definately active, if so, check you
have a certified BT master socket (it should have a BT stamp on the front).
Mine didn't so I swapped mine with my dads and it worked fine. If you do
have an BT master socket ask your ISP to do a WUSH test. If you are sure
your line is definately active and everything is set up correctly this may
require a BT engineer to come out and tweak you master socket, provided you
have set everything up correctly there should be no charge for this
(apparantly).

Old September 20th 04, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 20 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Lo Salt" wrote:

there could be a fault on the line...

or a DACS still on the line. Perhaps best to check with ISP
in the first instance, to be sure they think you should be
able to connect right now... Eclipse were quick to ask BT to
remove the DACS from a friend's line - BT took 10 days - which
Eclipse compensated for by making the billing start from 'true'
live date, not the initial date. Peter M.