Enable All Users Query

Old September 20th 04, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pgiblin

Default Enable All Users Query

Hi,
I am sure that what I am about to ask has a simple solution, at least I hope
it does. I have searched on google and msofts website but can't find the
answer.

As you guys were helpful earlier I'll trouble you again.

Basically have switched to plusnet broadband from freeserve dial up. I am
connecting via a four port modem/router (as per earlier advice).
At this stage I only have the one PC connected to the router.

I installed it as administrator on my 'xp home' pc and it works fine.
However if anyone else logs on (four kids, wife etc) when they click on
explorer it tries to connect via the freeserve dial up.

What I want is if any user is logged on that they can connect to the
internet using the LAN/router as the default connection. I am sure it's in
the PC somewhere but I can't find it.

I am presuming (possibly incorrectly that I do not have to go through the
router/modem setup install for each individual user, but can enable all
users to use the same default connection.

Regards
Pete G

Old September 20th 04, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

Logged on as each of the other users, in Internet Explorer:

Tools - Internet Options - Connections and select "Never dial a
connection".

Jc.

Old September 20th 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"pgiblin" wrote in message
[...]

Remove the freeserve dialup connection, then in internet explorer - tools -
internet options tick never dial a connection.
It should then automatically detect your network.

Old September 20th 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"pgiblin" wrote in message

I am presuming (possibly incorrectly that I do not have to go through the
router/modem setup install for each individual user, but can enable all
users to use the same default connection.

my last post, you may have to do this simple change for each user.

Old September 20th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Disable you're 56K modem in windows system, as for deleting the freeserve
account do it if you never want it again. Otherwise just keep it and
enable modem when you want to use it.

By taking your 56K modem out in system it protects you from rouge diallers
too so a good thing to do anyway.

Old September 20th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pgiblin

Many thanks guys for your prompt help, I have been through them one by one
and they now all seem to be working,

I don't want to get rid of freeserve just yet until my router and broadband
are settled in.
Regards
Pete G