Power through splitter

Old September 20th 04, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparkplug

Default Power through splitter

I've got a telephone which has an LCD display. Presumably it gets the
power for this though the line, but when I put a microfiler between it and
the socket it doesn't work. I notice the telephone socket on the splitter
only has the centre two connections (3 & 4).

Can I solder a couple of bypass wires inside the splitter? Would this
work? Which two wires should I be concerned about?

Thanks.

Old September 20th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ICUK

Sparkplug wrote:
I've got a telephone which has an LCD display. Presumably it gets the
power for this though the line, but when I put a microfiler between it
and the socket it doesn't work. I notice the telephone socket on the
splitter only has the centre two connections (3 & 4).

Not sure about soldering, but I have a phone here with an LCD display
and it still displays with the splitter installed on the telephone line.

Regards,

Leslie Costar
www.icuknet.co.uk
Old September 20th 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Sparkplug wrote:

I've got a telephone which has an LCD display. Presumably it gets the
power for this though the line, but when I put a microfiler between
it and the socket it doesn't work. I notice the telephone socket on
the splitter only has the centre two connections (3 & 4).

Can I solder a couple of bypass wires inside the splitter? Would this
work? Which two wires should I be concerned about?

Thanks.

Are you sure that you've plugged the phone into the correct outlet on the
micro-filter? The ADSL socket is an RJ11 type with only the centre 2
conductors connected - and is intended for an ADSL modem or router. Your
phone *may* fit this if it has an RJ11 plug and is normally used via an RJ11
to BT adapter. However, the phone probably won't work if plugged in here -
and certainly won't be filtered!

The phone outlet on the filter is designed to take a normal BT flattish
phone plug - and should have pins 2,3 and 5 connected.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old September 21st 04, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparkplug

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:51:08 +0100, Tiscali Tim wrote:

Sparkplug wrote:

I've got a telephone which has an LCD display. Presumably it gets the
power for this though the line, but when I put a microfiler between
it and the socket it doesn't work. I notice the telephone socket on
the splitter only has the centre two connections (3 & 4).

Can I solder a couple of bypass wires inside the splitter? Would this
work? Which two wires should I be concerned about?

Thanks.

Are you sure that you've plugged the phone into the correct outlet on the
micro-filter? The ADSL socket is an RJ11 type with only the centre 2
conductors connected - and is intended for an ADSL modem or router. Your
phone *may* fit this if it has an RJ11 plug and is normally used via an
RJ11
to BT adapter. However, the phone probably won't work if plugged in here
-
and certainly won't be filtered!

I was looking at the wrong socket on the splitter when I posted. :-(

The phone outlet on the filter is designed to take a normal BT flattish
phone plug - and should have pins 2,3 and 5 connected.

I tried it again today, after several attempts last week, and now it
works. :-)

Thanks for the responses.