WinXP fails DNS requests through Netgear 834G

Old September 21st 04, 06:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

Default WinXP fails DNS requests through Netgear 834G

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:46:05 -0000, Stone Free
spam_KillKillKillstone_freeNoSpamPleaseWereBritis
wrote:

snip

Can you open a "cmd" prompt and post the results of the following
sequence of commands? I have posted mine as an example, I have
highlighted what you need to type in:

H:\nslookup,
*** Can't find server name for address 10.1.5.2: Non-existent domain
Default Server: cache1.ntli.net
Address: 194.168.4.100

www.demon.net

Server: cache1.ntli.net
Address: 194.168.4.100

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.demon.net
Address: 194.159.245.141

Old September 21st 04, 11:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Stone Free

Hi Richard,

It seems to have sorted itself out now. I noticed in the event viewer
under the System category various errors from the sources DHCP and TCP/IP.
There were quite a few of them during the past week. I assumed that I
would receive more so I deleted all the events under system and stupidly
forgot to save them before deletion.

Unfortunately it suddenly decided to start working and so I dont not know
what went wrong. I have tried searching for the phrases I remember from
the errors but no joy. I thought that the message contained "DNSNACK" but
this phrase returns zero results. It might be something to do with me at
various times using the wired connection and sometimes the wireless
connection.