Phone quality + splitters after broadband

Old September 21st 04, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Daniels

Default Phone quality + splitters after broadband

Hi,

I have just had 512 Kbit broadband form Plusnet. I have installed the
supplied microfilters on all phones in the house - 3 of them. They are
LinkCom LAF 0026, supplied with the Binatone router. However the phone
quality seems much much poorer and echoey since the broadband came.

Is there anything I can do to improve things?

Thanks

Graham

Old September 22nd 04, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Graham Daniels wrote:
Hi,

I have just had 512 Kbit broadband form Plusnet. I have installed the
supplied microfilters on all phones in the house - 3 of them. They are
LinkCom LAF 0026, supplied with the Binatone router. However the phone
quality seems much much poorer and echoey since the broadband came.

Is there anything I can do to improve things?

Thanks

Graham

Try better quality filters - the free supplied ones are pretty poor.

http://www.adslnation.co.uk/products/xf-1e.php

is a good one - bit more expensive than some on offer but they do a no
nonsense 30 day money back offer if you are not happy.

Solved a noise problem I had on the phone and drastically reduced the
line drops I experienced wit the free ones.