ntl cable

Old September 22nd 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
taquitto

Default ntl cable

hello

I've just installed a router for my ntl cable modem, everything are
fantastic but the cable which goes from ntl to the modem, the white
one for data, not the one for power, is too short, so, could I buy a
cable extension for it? If so, how is it called?

thanks
Old September 22nd 04, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zaax

In article , taquitto
writes
hello

I've just installed a router for my ntl cable modem, everything are
fantastic but the cable which goes from ntl to the modem, the white
one for data, not the one for power, is too short, so, could I buy a
cable extension for it? If so, how is it called?

Yes, the cable between the modem and router can be as long as you need
(you will need a line booster after 1/2 mile). These cable can be
brought from any good computer stores including B&Q.
--
Zaax
http://www.ukgatsos.com
Old September 22nd 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SimpleSimon

"zaax" wrote in message
news
In article , taquitto
writes
hello

I've just installed a router for my ntl cable modem, everything are
fantastic but the cable which goes from ntl to the modem, the white
one for data, not the one for power, is too short, so, could I buy a
cable extension for it? If so, how is it called?

Yes, the cable between the modem and router can be as long as you need
(you will need a line booster after 1/2 mile). These cable can be brought
from any good computer stores including B&Q.
--
Zaax
http://www.ukgatsos.com

The actual name of the type of cable is Ethernet Cable or PC Network Cable
or RJ45 Cable. It comes in all manner of lengths. I suggest you find out
how long it needs to be and buy one that is slightly longer.

Simon

Old September 22nd 04, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rodney Trotter

"SimpleSimon" wrote in message

I think you must of misread what he was asking!!

The cable that connects from "NTL To The Modem" is similar to high quality
Satelite cable, just buy some and get an inline Joiner and a few F
connectors and this will work a treat..

Old September 22nd 04, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zaax

In article , Rodney Trotter
writes

"SimpleSimon" wrote in message

I think you must of misread what he was asking!!

The cable that connects from "NTL To The Modem" is similar to high quality
Satelite cable, just buy some and get an inline Joiner and a few F
connectors and this will work a treat..

That cable is owned by NTL.
--
Zaax
http://www.ukgatsos.com
Old September 23rd 04, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SimpleSimon

"Rodney Trotter" wrote in message

"SimpleSimon" wrote in message

I think you must of misread what he was asking!!

The cable that connects from "NTL To The Modem" is similar to high quality
Satelite cable, just buy some and get an inline Joiner and a few F
connectors and this will work a treat..

Your right, just reread the post and admit I now look a fool.

Simon

Old September 23rd 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

SimpleSimon wrote:
"Rodney Trotter" wrote in message

"SimpleSimon" wrote in message

I think you must of misread what he was asking!!

The cable that connects from "NTL To The Modem" is similar to high
quality Satelite cable, just buy some and get an inline Joiner and
a few F connectors and this will work a treat..

Your right, just reread the post and admit I now look a fool.

Simon

Don't worry, we all do it sometime or other....