Tesco BB

Old September 23rd 04, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon

Default Tesco BB

Just to balance the recent negative threads about Tesco broadband; I
applied for the new service nine days ago and it was up and running last
night. I'm very please with it so far ;-) Two factors may have had some
influence on this though: -

(1) I didn't need to contact Customer support
(2) I was already a dial-up customer - I just upgraded

Only drawback so far is - I've had to use the supplied Thompson USB ADSL
modem as I can't get my 4-port router to connect to the new service. I'm
still working on this one.

Simon

Old September 23rd 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kit

"simon" wrote in message
Just to balance the recent negative threads about Tesco broadband; I
applied for the new service nine days ago and it was up and running last
night. I'm very please with it so far ;-) Two factors may have had some
influence on this though: -

(1) I didn't need to contact Customer support
(2) I was already a dial-up customer - I just upgraded

Only drawback so far is - I've had to use the supplied Thompson USB ADSL
modem as I can't get my 4-port router to connect to the new service. I'm
still working on this one.

Simon

Simon - I was a dial up customer too and had been very happy with dial up -
I was an upgrade too. But their service was just non existent. Connection
dropping or not being able to get online at all.

I got away - and am now with plus net and they are absolutely wonderful.
Starting whooshing on Monday and it has been great.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones.

Old September 23rd 04, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"simon" wrote in message
Just to balance the recent negative threads about Tesco broadband; I
applied for the new service nine days ago and it was up and running last
night. I'm very please with it so far ;-) Two factors may have had some
influence on this though: -

(1) I didn't need to contact Customer support
(2) I was already a dial-up customer - I just upgraded

Only drawback so far is - I've had to use the supplied Thompson USB ADSL
modem as I can't get my 4-port router to connect to the new service. I'm
still working on this one.

I'd be interested if you (or anyone else on tesco BB) could do a tracert for
me and post the results.

Please do (in a command window):

tracert 12.96.160.49

It'll take a minute to run. It's too a hosting company I use in the USA.
Feel free to remove the first hop that may have your IP address on it.

Thanks,

Jc.

Old September 23rd 04, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronny

"Josey" wrote in message

"simon" wrote in message
[...]

Looks like your site or hosting company is down, i get no reply after hop
15, perhaps look into uk hosting?

Ronny

Old September 23rd 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon

In message , Ronny
writes

"Josey" wrote in message

"simon" wrote in message
[...]

Same result for me.

Simon
Old September 23rd 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon

In message , Kit writes

"simon" wrote in message
[...]

So do I! Early days yet... watch this space.
Simon
Old September 23rd 04, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronny

"Josey" wrote in message

"simon" wrote in message
[...]

If you need UK hosting give me a shout, you get first 3 months free, cant
beat that

Ronny

www.1337hosts.com

Old September 23rd 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"simon" wrote in message

Looks like your site or hosting company is down, i get no reply after hop
15, perhaps look into uk hosting?

Ronny

Same result for me.

Simon

Ah, sorry I guess it's not replying to echo requests. Can you try a router
near it please - 209.244.15.166

Thanks.

Jc.

Old September 23rd 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:47:44 +0100, "Josey"
wrote:

"simon" wrote in message
[...]

Using the command above I find it times out after about the 9th hop.
However a NeoTrace indicates the site is at Dallas. The name from the
ip number given is car4-1-v2.dllstx2.theplanet.com
Seems to be something to do with AT&T WorldNet Services.
The Planet.com Internet Services has the range 12.96.160.0 to
12.96.167.10

I have hosting facilities in nearby Houston and it provides me with
excellent response times with fees substantially below anything found
in the UK. I suppose they had loads of computing facilities going
begging now there is not much space exploration.

David Bradley
Old September 23rd 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"David Bradley" wrote in message

Using the command above I find it times out after about the 9th hop.
However a NeoTrace indicates the site is at Dallas. The name from the
ip number given is car4-1-v2.dllstx2.theplanet.com
Seems to be something to do with AT&T WorldNet Services.
The Planet.com Internet Services has the range 12.96.160.0 to
12.96.167.10

I have hosting facilities in nearby Houston and it provides me with
excellent response times with fees substantially below anything found
in the UK. I suppose they had loads of computing facilities going
begging now there is not much space exploration.

David Bradley

I'd be interested in the partical trace if you could post it, I suspected
there was an issue for Tesco/NTL customers. thanks.

Jc.