Stupid question: Does uploading count towards my download limit?

Old September 23rd 04, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miffed

Default Stupid question: Does uploading count towards my download limit?

I thought this was a stupid question when it entered my little pea-brain,
but then I started thinking that from the ISPs point of view, it doesn't
matter which way the data's flowing, it's still bandwidth.

Hope I'm wrong on this so I can stop being so stingy when doing p2p stuff!
I was stupid enough to limit myself to a 3gb limit when I got plusnet
recently. I currently have about 300 megs to last me the next 18 days or
so!

Old September 23rd 04, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronny

"Miffed" wrote in message
I thought this was a stupid question when it entered my little pea-brain,
but then I started thinking that from the ISPs point of view, it doesn't
matter which way the data's flowing, it's still bandwidth.

Hope I'm wrong on this so I can stop being so stingy when doing p2p stuff!
I was stupid enough to limit myself to a 3gb limit when I got plusnet
recently. I currently have about 300 megs to last me the next 18 days or
so!

Yes it does

Its like pay day isnt it lol, you gotta wait till the 31st so you can buy
all that new stuff again

If your using P2p you really need to go with an uncapped service,

Ronny

www.1337hosts.com

Old September 24th 04, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julian Knight

From Miffed on 23/Sep/2004 14:43:
I thought this was a stupid question when it entered my little pea-brain,
but then I started thinking that from the ISPs point of view, it doesn't
matter which way the data's flowing, it's still bandwidth.

Hope I'm wrong on this so I can stop being so stingy when doing p2p stuff!
I was stupid enough to limit myself to a 3gb limit when I got plusnet
recently. I currently have about 300 megs to last me the next 18 days or
so!

Depends on the ISP, most seem to, PlusNet certainly does. Thankfully I'm on an
unlimited connection so for the moment I'm OK.

--
Julian Knight, http://www.knightnet.org.uk/
Sheffield, United Kingdom