Line Attenuation

Old September 23rd 04, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt

Default Line Attenuation

Does the Line Attenuation seem right to you? it looks a bit low on the
Downstream...

BTW, I'm on NDO

--------------
ADSL Line Status: SHOWTIME
ADSL Modulation: G.dmt
ADSL Annex Mode: ANNEX_A
ADSL Startup Attempts: 1
Elapsed Time: 5 days 3 hours 50 minutes 49 seconds

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 37.8 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 50.8 30.0 dB
Errored Seconds 38 23
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 38 35
Data Rate 576 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Old September 23rd 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Lo Salt" wrote in message

Does the Line Attenuation seem right to you? it looks a bit low on the
Downstream...

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 37.8 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 50.8 30.0 dB

The lower the line attenuation the better....

Regards
Sunil

Old September 23rd 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Lo Salt" wrote in message
Does the Line Attenuation seem right to you? it looks a bit low on the

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 37.8 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 50.8 30.0 dB

It's a good line.

Jc.

Old September 23rd 04, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Lo Salt" wrote in message
Does the Line Attenuation seem right to you? it looks a bit low on the
Downstream...

The lower it is the better the quality of line.

Old September 25th 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wallace Murray

"Beck" wrote:

"Lo Salt" wrote in message
Does the Line Attenuation seem right to you? it looks a bit low on the
Downstream...

The lower it is the better the quality of line.

Heres mine- is this an unusally low attenuation figure?

Netgear 834G

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 1152 kbps 288 kbps
Line Attenuation 34 db 18 db
Noise Margin 31 db 31 db

Old September 25th 04, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 25 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Wallace Murray wrote:

Heres mine - is this an unusally low attenuation figure?
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 1152 kbps 288 kbps
Line Attenuation 34 db 18 db
Noise Margin 31 db 31 db

It does seem quite low, but some figures seem similar to mine
using a cheapo Dabsvalue 4-port :-)

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2272 kbps 288 kbps
Line Attenuation 34.1 db 23.0 db
Noise Margin 31.9 db 26.0 db

Ebuyer 4-port shows (using telnet connection) on my 'noisy' line

SW Status : CONNECTED
Indication : GOOD
Noise Margin : +30 dB
Attenuation : +38 dB
Transmission Level: +12 dB
Bit Rate : 288kbps/ 576kbps (Upstream/Downstream)

Unfortunately doesn't show upstream/downstream for SNR/loss. Peter.
Old September 25th 04, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Holland

poster wrote:

On 25 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Wallace Murray wrote:

Heres mine - is this an unusally low attenuation figure?
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 1152 kbps 288 kbps
Line Attenuation 34 db 18 db
Noise Margin 31 db 31 db

It does seem quite low, but some figures seem similar to mine
using a cheapo Dabsvalue 4-port :-)

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2272 kbps 288 kbps
Line Attenuation 34.1 db 23.0 db
Noise Margin 31.9 db 26.0 db

Ebuyer 4-port shows (using telnet connection) on my 'noisy' line

SW Status : CONNECTED
Indication : GOOD
Noise Margin : +30 dB
Attenuation : +38 dB
Transmission Level: +12 dB
Bit Rate : 288kbps/ 576kbps (Upstream/Downstream)

Unfortunately doesn't show upstream/downstream for SNR/loss. Peter.

How about this, I'm just down the street, about 200 metres from the
exchange:

CONEXANT SYSTEMS, INC.
ACCESS RUNNER ADSL CONSOLE PORT 3.24

ADSL Status

Modulation Mode G.dmt
Annex Mode ANNEX_A
Number of Startup attemps 1
Upstream SNR Margin 31.0 dB
Downstream SNR Margin 37.6 dB
Upstream Line attenuation 5.0 dB
Downstream Line attenuation 7.6 dB
Upstream CRC errors 0
Downstream CRC errors 0
Upstream Latency FAST
Downstream Latency FAST
Upstream Data Rate 288 kbps
Downstream Data Rate 1152 kbps
CO Vendor ID 0X04

Press 'B' to go Back
Press 'M' to go to Main Menu
Enter your selection below

Old September 26th 04, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DMG

--

Now that's just showing off!

Old September 27th 04, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Gordon Holland wrote:

How about this, I'm just down the street, about 200 metres from the
exchange:

CONEXANT SYSTEMS, INC.
ACCESS RUNNER ADSL CONSOLE PORT 3.24

ADSL Status

Modulation Mode G.dmt
Annex Mode ANNEX_A
Number of Startup attemps 1
Upstream SNR Margin 31.0 dB
Downstream SNR Margin 37.6 dB
Upstream Line attenuation 5.0 dB
Downstream Line attenuation 7.6 dB
Upstream CRC errors 0
Downstream CRC errors 0
Upstream Latency FAST
Downstream Latency FAST
Upstream Data Rate 288 kbps
Downstream Data Rate 1152 kbps
CO Vendor ID 0X04

Press 'B' to go Back
Press 'M' to go to Main Menu
Enter your selection below

Very similar here (300m away from exchange), my Draytek 2500 though only
reports one SNR and loss (39.5 and 8.5 respectively).
Anyone know which it shows, an average or...? (Manual no help on this
question btw)

Bill

Old September 27th 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:44:55 +0100, "Lo Salt"
wrote:

Does the Line Attenuation seem right to you? it looks a bit low on the
Downstream...

BTW, I'm on NDO

--------------
ADSL Line Status: SHOWTIME
ADSL Modulation: G.dmt
ADSL Annex Mode: ANNEX_A
ADSL Startup Attempts: 1
Elapsed Time: 5 days 3 hours 50 minutes 49 seconds

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 37.8 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 50.8 30.0 dB
Errored Seconds 38 23