Does an external bell need a microfilter?

Old September 23rd 04, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Default Does an external bell need a microfilter?

I'm about to order ADSL on a BT line that has an external bell
hard-wired in to the BT master socket (presumably across the "bell wire"
and "Line A"). Does the bell wiring need to be modified so that the bell
is connected through a microfilter?
--
Tony
Old September 23rd 04, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Tony wrote:
I'm about to order ADSL on a BT line that has an external bell
hard-wired in to the BT master socket (presumably across the "bell
wire" and "Line A"). Does the bell wiring need to be modified so
that the bell is connected through a microfilter?

It certainly does.......

Old September 23rd 04, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Kráftéé wrote:

Tony wrote:
I'm about to order ADSL on a BT line that has an external bell
hard-wired in to the BT master socket (presumably across the "bell
wire" and "Line A"). Does the bell wiring need to be modified so
that the bell is connected through a microfilter?

It certainly does.......

Unless you use a filtered faceplate on the master socket, and transfer the
bell wiring to that. It will then be filtered automatically without
requiring an additional socket. You won't need microfilters elsewhere
either, if you do this.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old September 23rd 04, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Tiscali Tim wrote:
Kráftéé wrote:

Tony wrote:
I'm about to order ADSL on a BT line that has an external bell
hard-wired in to the BT master socket (presumably across the "bell
wire" and "Line A"). Does the bell wiring need to be modified so
that the bell is connected through a microfilter?

It certainly does.......

Unless you use a filtered faceplate on the master socket, and
transfer the bell wiring to that. It will then be filtered
automatically without requiring an additional socket. You won't
need microfilters elsewhere either, if you do this.

Pendant mode on

It would then of course be connected thru a microfilter if you did this

Pendant mode off

Actually it would be the easiest way to filter it anyway, using a faceplate
filter that is.........

Old September 23rd 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:35:55 UTC, "Kráftéé"
wrote:
pedant

Pendant mode on

You still hanging around? :-)

/pedant

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old September 24th 04, 07:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:35:55 UTC, "Kráftéé"
wrote:
pedant

Pendant mode on

You still hanging around? :-)

/pedant

To the left or right???

Old September 24th 04, 10:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Thanks for both the useful and the amusing replies
--
Tony
Old September 26th 04, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:41:22 +0100, Tony
wrote:

I'm about to order ADSL on a BT line that has an external bell
hard-wired in to the BT master socket (presumably across the "bell wire"
and "Line A"). Does the bell wiring need to be modified so that the bell
is connected through a microfilter?

Ideally yes, but I have the same system and it works ok. The rest of
my system uses filters to individual phones. Suggest you try it and
see what happens.

David