Plus Net Sign Up

Old September 23rd 04, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Niaz Khan

Default Plus Net Sign Up

Just going on to sign up to Plus Net
What do you recommend ? Annual Contract of Monthly ?

Both come with an activation charge of 58.75 for annual or 70.50 for
monthly. Also I notice some ISP's waive this charge if you do an annual
contract.

Also on the next stage you have to create an email account like

Can't I have a
account ??
I don't like the username field not sure what to use ?

Niaz Khan
'..getting old & still playing video games..'

Old September 23rd 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt

"Niaz Khan" wrote in message
Just going on to sign up to Plus Net
What do you recommend ? Annual Contract of Monthly ?

Both come with an activation charge of 58.75 for annual or 70.50 for
monthly. Also I notice some ISP's waive this charge if you do an annual
contract.

Also on the next stage you have to create an email account like

Can't I have a
account ??
I don't like the username field not sure what to use ?

best monthly, then you don't have to worry about finding the money to pay
the bill.

Old September 23rd 04, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Niaz Khan

"Lo Salt" wrote in message

best monthly, then you don't have to worry about finding the money to pay
the bill.

Surely you don't pay up front for full years on a yearly contract - I
assume they would take the money monthly - just you could not pull out
within the year ?

Old September 23rd 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jamie

Surely you don't pay up front for full years on a yearly contract - I
assume they would take the money monthly - just you could not pull out
within the year ?

i have an annual contract with PlusNet and it is paid monthly, can't
remeber if there was an option to pay it all at once or not.

you can cancel within the year, but i believe there is a charge to do so
- not that i'd want to very happy with the service from PlusNet

you need to supply a username when you sign up but if you wanted you
could have niaz.khan as your username then have for example
as your e-mail address
Old September 24th 04, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

jamie wrote:
Surely you don't pay up front for full years on a yearly contract -
I assume they would take the money monthly - just you could not pull
out within the year ?

i have an annual contract with PlusNet and it is paid monthly, can't
remeber if there was an option to pay it all at once or not.

you can cancel within the year, but i believe there is a charge to do
so - not that i'd want to very happy with the service from PlusNet

you need to supply a username when you sign up but if you wanted you
could have niaz.khan as your username then have for example
as your e-mail address

Jamie is correct in that the annual contract is paid monthly but there is a
cancellation charge if you cancel before the year is up. There may also be
some additional charge if you wish to change the account type before the
first year is complete.

In setting up an account you have to have a user name and password this user
name then forms part of your e-mail address as Jamie has explained. The
advantage of the Plusnet approach is that you have effectively an unlimited
number of e-mail addresses. You can put anything you like before the "@".
Can be very useful when you have to supply your e-mail address during some
web activity. Provide something appropriate before the "@" and you will
know if they are spamming you, or have passed your details on. You can then
direct that mail box to the black hole that Plusnet also supply and not see
that spam any more.

Don't think you can have niaz.khan as a user name but you could have
niazkhan. I think I would either use kahn or think up something else. With
khan as the user name you could have
as your main e-mail
address.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old September 24th 04, 02:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

Hi
Yes i went for the monthly. That way if you do have any probs and cannot
afford the bills they have no comback for the years money cost a slight bit
more to start but is worth it for peice of mind.
Also I think you have made the best choice Force9/Plusnet (both the same
ISP)
the costommer support is second to none 24/7 and are usualy very good and
helpful (not had a bad one yet)

WELL Done F9 and PlusNet

Best Regs Andy

P.S. you could also put my user name down as refferal if you wanted could
save me 50p LOL (acswain)

Old September 24th 04, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Thomas

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 at 21:55:43 Niaz Khan wrote:

Just going on to sign up to Plus Net
What do you recommend ? Annual Contract of Monthly ?

Both come with an activation charge of 58.75 for annual or 70.50 for
monthly. Also I notice some ISP's waive this charge if you do an annual
contract.

I went for monthly so I could get out of the contract quickly if I
wanted.

Also on the next stage you have to create an email account like

Can't I have a account ??
I don't like the username field not sure what to use ?

Might I suggest "gospvg" as your PlusNet username? You could then have
email addresses like
, ,
etc.
--