Mirc - How the earth do I get it to connect!?!

Old September 23rd 04, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Mirc - How the earth do I get it to connect!?!

I just downloaded Mirc for the first time and it will not connect. I think
my zonealarm security suite is blocking it? Read something on a website that
I need winsocks installed!?!

Please help. Matter of urgency!

Dan

Old September 24th 04, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Dan
writes
I just downloaded Mirc for the first time and it will not connect. I think
my zonealarm security suite is blocking it? Read something on a website that
I need winsocks installed!?!

Please help. Matter of urgency!

Dan

OS? router? modem? Keep reading websites!!
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Old September 24th 04, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

I don't see how the operating system is overly important but it's Windowx XP
with a internal pci adsl card.

Dan

Old September 24th 04, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Finnigan

Dan wrote:
I don't see how the operating system is overly important but it's
Windowx XP with a internal pci adsl card.

You ask about installing winsock, so you need to give more info about your
OS. I had to install that for Windows 95, but never since. If you where
running 95 then you`d need a guide to installing winsock, as it is you
don`t.

Give more information - nobody will bother helping you if they have to try
and guess the information they need to help you solve your problem.
Remember, you WANT advice, other people are free to help or ignore you. If
you post "Help me make Mirc work" chances are you`ll be ignored. If you
post "I`m trying to get Mirc to work, this OS, this modem, this setting,
this thingy, that`s running at the same time", with all the details, life
gets much easier for people to help you.

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc

Old September 24th 04, 01:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Ok. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my firewall settings hence why I
only gave that infomation. If it turns out to be a differen't problem I'll
eat my shorts and apologise.

Dan

Old September 24th 04, 05:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Well I found my problem! It was ZoneAlarm and it was hidden under IM
security-advanced. I had to uncheck "block IRC". Talk about hiding the
option!

Dan