Future upgrade from 512k to 1 Mb

Old September 24th 04, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grim

Default Future upgrade from 512k to 1 Mb

I am about to sign up with plusnet for BB and want to begin the cheaper
option of 512k. I know there is a 14.99 charge to upgrade later if I want
to do so but are there other problems? I have seen somewhere some talk of
how difficult it has been for people to be upgraded. Not sure whether this
was particular ISp's or from BT point of view.
Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks grim

--
Please take off SHOES when replying.

There are only 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary
and those who don't

Old September 24th 04, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

"Grim" wrote in
:

I am about to sign up with plusnet for BB and want to begin the
cheaper option of 512k. I know there is a 14.99 charge to upgrade
later if I want to do so but are there other problems? I have seen
somewhere some talk of how difficult it has been for people to be
upgraded. Not sure whether this was particular ISp's or from BT point
of view. Can anyone advise me please?

I've had no problems upgrading from 0.5Mbps to 1Mbps. Went very smoothly.

--
My photos: http://www.weezer.plus.com/
To send me an e-mail, remove TEETH
Old September 24th 04, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Parry

In ,
Phil Chung fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
"Grim" wrote in
:

I am about to sign up with plusnet for BB and want to begin the
cheaper option of 512k. I know there is a 14.99 charge to upgrade
later if I want to do so but are there other problems? I have seen
somewhere some talk of how difficult it has been for people to be
upgraded. Not sure whether this was particular ISp's or from BT point
of view. Can anyone advise me please?

I've had no problems upgrading from 0.5Mbps to 1Mbps. Went very
smoothly.

Ditto ... very pleased.

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

http://www.arrivedeprived.org.uk/

K100RS SE
F650
(not forgetting the SK90PY)

Old September 24th 04, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter R Cook

In message , Grim
writes
I am about to sign up with plusnet for BB and want to begin the cheaper
option of 512k. I know there is a 14.99 charge to upgrade later if I want
to do so but are there other problems? I have seen somewhere some talk of
how difficult it has been for people to be upgraded. Not sure whether this
was particular ISp's or from BT point of view.
Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks grim

I just upgraded from Easystart 512 to 1Meg on Plusnet. No difficulty at
all. Paid the 14.99 upgrade fee - they shifted across the remaining
7.50/month amortisation of the original setup fees. All supposed to
happen on 1st October. No pain at all - will let you know on the 1st if
it actually happens.

Regards
--
Peter R Cook
Old September 24th 04, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Grim wrote:
I am about to sign up with plusnet for BB and want to begin the cheaper
option of 512k. I know there is a 14.99 charge to upgrade later if I want
to do so but are there other problems? I have seen somewhere some talk of
how difficult it has been for people to be upgraded. Not sure whether this
was particular ISp's or from BT point of view.
Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks grim

I have two sites being upgraded to 1Mb and 2Mb next Tuesday. BT told me
to expect a service outage of about 20 mins and that's it.

Old September 24th 04, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Grim" wrote in message
I am about to sign up with plusnet for BB and want to begin the cheaper
option of 512k. I know there is a 14.99 charge to upgrade later if I want
to do so but are there other problems? I have seen somewhere some talk of
how difficult it has been for people to be upgraded. Not sure whether this
was particular ISp's or from BT point of view.
Can anyone advise me please?

Your phone line needs to be suitable. If you could order a line before 6th Sept
the in theory you should now be able to get 1mb E & OE

Michael Chare

Old September 24th 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

The difference in price is not that much. Why not order 1MB and see if it is
OK? That way you8 will not incur and upgrade charge. Have you tried the
number checker at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/availability/btchecker.asp ?

Gee Six Jay N Ess at spamcop.net

Old September 25th 04, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Peter Crosland
writes
Gee Six Jay N Ess at spamcop.net

What's all this about then? Don't you realise that your email address is
shown unmunged in the "From:" field at the top?
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Old September 25th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 25 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, pete devlin wrote:

What's all this about then? Don't you realise that your email address is
shown unmunged in the "From:" field at the top?

MS Outlook Express only shows the 'real name' not the mail address, so I
guess the poster might not have known. It can be quite a pain as there
may be replies to the same person or department and each might have a
different mail address (an MS OE user may not notice the new address
and worse, each might be automatically added to their address book as
that's one of the [daft] defaults... so if they get a virus they may
be hitting every address to which they've previously replied PGM
Old September 25th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

What's all this about then? Don't you realise that your email address is
shown unmunged in the "From:" field at the top?

MS Outlook Express only shows the 'real name' not the mail address, so I
guess the poster might not have known.

OK. I am always willing to learn. AIUI putting the actual address in plain
form enabled to be readily harvested by spammers. The one in the from field
is real unlike the false ones many people use. It is not my primary mailbox
but does enable people to contact me easily direct if they wish. I don't get
much crap in the public mailbox. When my previous email was shown publically
in newsgroups I was swamped with hundreds of crap emails every day. If you
are saying there is better way then please be so kind as to tell me. Spare
me any sanctimony about how dreadful MS Outlook Expressis because it serves
my needs and I am not interested in learning a new reader.