Speedtouch 510v4 - Any examples of IPQOS?

Old September 24th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Res

Default Speedtouch 510v4 - Any examples of IPQOS?

In the latest firmware update the Speedtouch 510v4 router was updated to
support IPQOS but the CLI manual gives no examples. Has anyone had any joy
in setting this up and is willing to share an example?

TIA

Old September 24th 04, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Stewart

"Res" wrote in message
In the latest firmware update the Speedtouch 510v4 router was updated to
support IPQOS but the CLI manual gives no examples. Has anyone had any
joy
in setting this up and is willing to share an example?

TIA

Haven't really had a chance to check this out yet but hopefully the
following is what you're after.

http://www.dslsupport.co.uk/downloads/Appsnotes/QoS.pdf

Stephen

Old September 25th 04, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Res

Haven't really had a chance to check this out yet but hopefully the
following is what you're after.
http://www.dslsupport.co.uk/downloads/Appsnotes/QoS.pdf

Thanks - interesting read but as its from 2002 it not using the new IPQOS
commands.

I do not know if this is possible or not but I was hoping to control the
priority of packets of different protocols e.g. give HTTP/HTTPS priority,
then POP3, then FTP for example?

TIA

Old September 25th 04, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Stewart

"Res" wrote in message
Haven't really had a chance to check this out yet but hopefully the
following is what you're after.
http://www.dslsupport.co.uk/downloads/Appsnotes/QoS.pdf

Thanks - interesting read but as its from 2002 it not using the new IPQOS
commands.

I do not know if this is possible or not but I was hoping to control the
priority of packets of different protocols e.g. give HTTP/HTTPS priority,
then POP3, then FTP for example?

TIA

Ooops sorry about that as I said I haven't had a chance to check this out
yet.

I've just had a look at the new 4.2.7 CLI guide and it lists the IPQOS
commands, full syntax and gives examples.

You'll find it here.

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/download...1.0_public.pdf

Stephen

Old September 25th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Stewart

"Stephen Stewart" wrote in message

"Res" wrote in message
Haven't really had a chance to check this out yet but hopefully the
following is what you're after.
http://www.dslsupport.co.uk/downloads/Appsnotes/QoS.pdf

Thanks - interesting read but as its from 2002 it not using the new IPQOS
commands.

I do not know if this is possible or not but I was hoping to control the
priority of packets of different protocols e.g. give HTTP/HTTPS priority,
then POP3, then FTP for example?

TIA

Ooops sorry about that as I said I haven't had a chance to check this out
yet.

I've just had a look at the new 4.2.7 CLI guide and it lists the IPQOS
commands, full syntax and gives examples.

You'll find it here.

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/download...1.0_public.pdf

Stephen

Forgot to mention it's page 221 onwards.

Which equates to the page with page 219 printed on it (there are a few
un-numbered intro pages a the start).

Stephen

Old September 25th 04, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Res

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/download...1.0_public.pdf
Forgot to mention it's page 221 onwards.
Which equates to the page with page 219 printed on it (there are a few
un-numbered intro pages a the start).

Thanks Stephen but I have already looked at this document. There are
examples but they are next to useless as they do not tell you what the
example is doing. I was hoping for real life examples.

I do not know if I am misunderstanding IPQOS but I can find no reference to
port numbers in the IPQOS commands (i.e. so you can make port 80/443 have
priority over say port XYZ so I must be missing something quite obvious).

TIA

Old September 26th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Stewart

"Res" wrote in message

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/download...1.0_public.pdf
Forgot to mention it's page 221 onwards.
Which equates to the page with page 219 printed on it (there are a few
un-numbered intro pages a the start).

Thanks Stephen but I have already looked at this document. There are
examples but they are next to useless as they do not tell you what the
example is doing. I was hoping for real life examples.

I do not know if I am misunderstanding IPQOS but I can find no reference
port numbers in the IPQOS commands (i.e. so you can make port 80/443 have
priority over say port XYZ so I must be missing something quite obvious).

TIA

The only thing I can find is the following and to be honest I don't really
understand it myself.

http://forums.dslsupport.co.uk/topic...rchTerms=ipqos

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything else available as yet so if
this isn't any use then I'm afraid you're on your own from here. :-)

Stephen

Old September 27th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kris Shaw

Hello,

It sounds like you want traffic shaping, rather than QOS. I think that
QOS is based on certain flags in the IP packets, rather than port
numbers etc found in TCP.

Kris.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:02:26 +0100, "Res" said to
us: